Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of Transfer Window Moves

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

2300: Portsmouth a third signing with the capture of Salif Diao on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

2220: Rangers defender Michael Ball joins PSV Eindhoven on two-year contract, with option for a further year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bolton have signed Fabrice Fernandes . Blackburn have signed Zurab Khizanishvili on a season-long loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Read your own first post.

:D

Back-up will be Stephen kelly or Reto Ziegler.

Ziegler is gone to Hamburg on loan .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Solano is back with the magpies.

We really missed an out and out right winger since he left!!

Good day for the toons in the transfer market.
    Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

evilhomer wrote:
    Solano is back with the magpies.

We really missed an out and out right winger since he left!!

Good day for the toons in the transfer market.
    Sky Sports

That'll go some way in sorting out the Supply problems for the Strikers Have to say I,m impressed by Newcastles signings and on paper they look like a much stronger team than last season. A couple of good results will see the confidence return and should tighten things at the top of the table with Tottenham doing similar.

Have to agree Muppet, the team looks very good, only problem is Souness might not be the tactician and man manager to make the most of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

evilhomer wrote:
    Have to agree Muppet, the team looks very good, only problem is Souness might not be the tactician and man manager to make the most of the team.

Bring back Ruad Guillit......ok, maybe not? Glenn Hoddle for the Magpies job come christamas! i'm putting a 5iver on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Forgot to mention - Real Madrid signed a defender :eek: for 18.5mil

Real sign Ramos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

evilhomer wrote:

Coupled with the Alan Shearer influence, I think the squad will struggle to meet expectations. I have to say, they look like the transfer window winners. They've replaced the two disruptive influences (but their two most creative players, hence my earlier criticism of Sourness, just before anyone thinks I've forgotten what I said... ;) ) with a proven goal scorer in Owen and and gifted midfield providers in Luque and Solano. Emre and Parker should make a solid central partnership.

The problem for me is Shearer. Comments from Sourness over the last few weeks leave me feeling he's a dead man walking at St James Park. For an ego of his size, I wonder how long he'll continue to aquiesce in that set-up. Shearer's already got two managers the sack, Sourness has to tread carefully to avoid a similar fate. Has he got the discipline to do that? And how will the other players react to Shearer if he's the one pulling the strings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Muppet wrote:
    That'll go some way in sorting out the Supply problems for the Strikers Have to say I,m impressed by Newcastles signings and on paper they look like a much stronger team than last season. A couple of good results will see the confidence return and should tighten things at the top of the table with Tottenham doing similar.
    Yep, definitely. Shearer and Owen with Solano and Luque supplying from the wings - if the rest of the team can keep things steady for them then they should impress. Ditto Spurs, I fear for Liverpools chances of getting 5th (of course I'm hoping they get higher then that).

Regarding Madrids new defender - I know nothing about the guy but it must be great business for them to pretty much swap their 4th or 5th choice striker for a presumably quality defender without having to spend much money on balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Meanwhile, back at the Lane...

Spurs sign Derby and Poland striker Grzegorz Rasiak

Not the big name we'd hoped for, so it seems he's to be entered in the Plan B column. He's got 20 international appearances to his name, and scored 17 last season in the Championship. He could go straight into the side to face Liverpool at WHL next weekend, but its more likely he'll start on the bench with Robbie Keane partnering Jermaine Defoe up front in Mido's absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

SofaKing wrote:
    Forgot to mention - Real Madrid signed a defender :eek: for 18.5mil

Real sign Ramos

Didnt Liverpool try to sign this guy for 6-7mil earlier in season! supposed to be the next big thing in Spainish footie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, and United were after him aswell. Offered 12 million if i'm not mistaken.
    He was much sought by world football, but it was made clear he wanted to move to Real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rangers have signed Olivier Bernard on a free transfer.

Rangers have signed Olivier Bernard on a free transfer.

I bet he wishes he signed that contract extension at Newcastle now!

He must be getting half what he was at St James Park

• Advertisement

evilhomer wrote:
    I bet he wishes he signed that contract extension at Newcastle now!

He must be getting half what he was at St James Park
    He's not too badly off, going from Championship to Champion's League!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He's not too badly off, going from Championship to Champion's League!
    Never played in the Championship. :) Pity Celtic couldn't bloody get him.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Never played in the Championship. :) Pity Celtic couldn't bloody get him.
    Ah, I didn't realise he left Southampton in the summer.

Advertisement