Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change over advise - please help!

• 31-08-2005 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Lo all,

My 1 year contract is up with Eircom on 9th September, and I want to change over to BT.
    I have spoke with BT over the phone and they have sent me out a "Broadband transfer authorisation form" which I have filled out and is sitting in front of me.
    I want to minimise down time as much as possible.
    And also I want to get the BBPlus package from BT which is a 2mb line, I am currently on a 1mb line.
    So any advise for me? do I send in the form in now or do I wait until closer to 9th September.
    How do I send my modem back to Eircom, how long will it take BT to get a modem out to me?
    Do eircom: (excuse the language) act the b0ll*x when broadband customers try to change provider?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When your Eircom contract ends you still need to give them 1 months written notice before you can cancel. So I'd send that letter off to Eircom now if I were you. Then send in the application to BT. They will request that Eircom switch you over so you may still have Eircom BB all the way up to when BT is activated.

Someone else here said a while back that they had no downtime at all when switching. BT will take about 15 days to send you the modem so the sooner you apply the better.

As for returning Eircoms modem, don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

*BUNP* sorry but does anyone have any more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Send in the forms to BT on the 9th. No need to cancel Eircom - BT will do it for you.

When I changed from Eircom to BT I had no downtime. I maintained my Eircom connection until I chose to re-boot my modem. Then I just logged on to BT instead.

Sarsfield wrote:
    Send in the forms to BT on the 9th. No need to cancel Eircom - BT will do it for you.

When I changed from Eircom to BT I had no downtime. I maintained my Eircom connection until I chose to re-boot my modem. Then I just logged on to BT instead.

Did BT send you out a modem? and you used that to log on to BT? also did eircom request their modem back and if so how did you go about returning it?

Thanks for the help mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

BT sent a modem, but it's still in the box. I continued using my existing modem.

I never got one from Eircom (I think they wanted me to pay for it, so I bought my own instead). If they ask for it back, offer them a time & date when they can come and collect it :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info mate will send form to BT on 8th just to be safe I'm hoping for no downwime, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

when you get the DTAF form make sure you fax it into whatever rep you are dealing with , the first DTAF i sent in got "lost" , the second one i got i faxed to the rep i was dealing with , i got an email after 3 weeks and constant phone calls telling me i will soon be recieving a go live shortly , they can do everything else over the phone apart from the DTAF form

fitzdragon wrote:
    when you get the DTAF form make sure you fax it into whatever rep you are dealing with , the first DTAF i sent in got "lost" , the second one i got i faxed to the rep i was dealing with , i got an email after 3 weeks and constant phone calls telling me i will soon be recieving a go live shortly , they can do everything else over the phone apart from the DTAF form

Cheers will do.

Advertisement