Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! What's wrong with my boards?

Options
  • 31-08-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes ...

For a start, I don't like the changes made to boards in the last few weeks, its getting slower and slower and stuff is harder to find.

Secondly, as of today, when I view a thread, it only shows me the first post. I checked my User CP and it should be showing 40 posts per page. I see alright there is a button for the next post, but I can't activate Javascript on Boards, otherwise it takes ten minutes to load a page.

Anyone help me?

EDIT: B.llocks .. I just realised I won't be able to read your answer. Could a mod PM me maybe???

2nd EDIT: Silly me, just found the 'linear thread' button. But, why the feck should I have to click it. Why can't they just leave well enough alone? [/gripe]
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You probably did something yourself with regards to the linear thread.

It's slow because there are hundreds of people using boards.ie at a time and the servers are struggling. Servers cost money so it's getting difficult to cope. I'm sure it will improve.

Have you tried using Firefox for the javascript issue? It's really essential to be able to navigate boards quickly.

Advertisement