Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Capture 'Real' feed from a website

• 31-08-2005 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of capturing a 'Real' feed from a site ?? - ideally some freebie software. It's only for a 30 second clip.

Any help gratefully received

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

HiDownload is great for getting real streams . Its not free but on the trail version you might be able to get your clip.

http://www.streamingstar.com/hidownload.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Andip wrote:
    Is there any way of capturing a 'Real' feed from a site ?? - ideally some freebie software. It's only for a 30 second clip.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ will do the job.

And at the right price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

hk797 wrote:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ will do the job.

And at the right price ;)

Just hopping on to the end of this thread as I need to do something similar with a video broadcast that's an hour long.

The above product appears to be for audio. Is there anything similar for video? I have tried WM recorder but the trial only gives 2 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Just hopping on to the end of this thread as I need to do something similar with a video broadcast that's an hour long.

The above product appears to be for audio. Is there anything similar for video? I have tried WM recorder but the trial only gives 2 minutes.

What's the link ?

This is the link:

http://www7.nrk.no/nrkplayer/default.aspx?klipp_id=108160

It's to a norwegian website that boradcast an a-ha concert from last week. (no sniggering!)

• Advertisement

rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken/2005-09-02/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv

Is the link to the file.
    Mplayer wil play the file fine, you can then use the -dumpstream option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ste, I have downloaded mplayer and am trying to figure out the command line operation. Hopefully it will go ok!

ok, I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. Below is what I have typed to try and play the file:

D:\Download\mplayer>mplayer rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerpar
    ken/2005-09-02/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv

MPlayer dev-CVS-050626-17:02-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel (Family: 8, Stepping: 1)
    Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
    CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
    Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
    To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection.

c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description, ignoring.
    Cannot load font: c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf
    Playing rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken/2005-09-02/A_ha_kons
    ert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv.
    STREAM_RTSP, URL: rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken/2005-09-02
    /A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv
    Resolving straumod.nrk.no for AF_INET...
    Connecting to server straumod.nrk.no[160.68.101.39]:554 ...
    rtsp_session: Not a Real server. Server type is 'WMServer/9.0.0.3380'.
    STREAM_LIVEDOTCOM, URL: rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken/2005
    -09-02/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv
    Stream not seekable!
    Failed to initiate "audio/X-ASF-PF" RTP subsession: RTP payload format unknown o
    r not supported
    Failed to initiate "video/X-ASF-PF" RTP subsession: RTP payload format unknown o
    r not supported

Exiting... (End of file)

It doesn't seem to support the filetype??

When I try and type mplayer -dumpstream rtsp://straumod.nrk.no/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerpar
    ken/2005-09-02/A_ha_konsert_i_Frognerparken_650_108160_20050902_195506.wmv

The error i get is: Cannot dump this stream - no 'fd' available

I am sure I am doing this wrong, as my knowledge of all things non gui is rather small, but any help is appreciated!

Yeah I forgot to mention that you'll need the -playlist flag aswell.
    The comman would go like

mplayer -playlist file -dumpstream -dumpfile aha_concert.wmv

If you like mplayer as I do and don't want the hassle of mplayer try http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php gui included. But the cli version offers more options and mencoder.

make sure you have the codecs aswell.
    They can be found through the main mplayer page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

• Advertisement
Advertisement