Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is TNA better than the WWE at the minute!!

• 31-08-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

I think that tna is a better company at the moment just because they are trying new things encouraging the stars to have great match night after night with finishes for the most part we dont see comin, Im sick of watchin Cena shout his dam mouth of tha he is the champ and he gets into the ring have a stable of four moves, okay tna is not perfect by any means but there definetly onto something with the X Division!! I think its such a pity that the wwe is stuck with a franchise based around a kid running around with a toy belt from Smyths.. So really interested in what you guys and gals have to think!?

Angle Is God!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Doubtful Donkey

Um. TNA is dominated by a cruiserweight division filled with bland nobodies and the fat bloke that squashes them all. Their main event scene is any WWE reject they can get their hands on, Raven, who was over the hill ten years ago, Jeff Jarrett, and a fat Mankind rip-off. Plus, they run their shows from a themepark.

TNA won't be on WWE's level in a million years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I've banned Doubtful Donkey maybe forever, maybe for a while. He was being generally abusive and annoying to everyone. The fact that he IM'ed me and called me a **** wont help his case for getting back in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

bombidol wrote:
    I've banned Doubtful Donkey maybe forever, maybe for a while. He was being generally abusive and annoying to everyone. The fact that he IM'ed me and called me a **** wont help his case for getting back in either.
    Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I enjoy watching TNA's product better than WWE's at the moment for sure. Nothing in WWE at the moment has anything to make me switch on. Having said that however, TNA has Raven and Jarrett stinking up the place as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Although I could be a lot happier with WWE at the moment ( the majority of the storylines and the way they have played out the last few years have been terrible ), to say TNA is better is a bit amusing to fans of WWE and I would say certainly insulting to the wrestlers and staff of WWE.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of what I’m seeing on TNA.
    Some of their home grown stars and competitors in the X division are great to watch.
    And the fact that underused ex WWE stars like Raven and Rhyno are competing for the world title is fantastic.
    And, with the exception of JJ constantly involved in the title picture in some way (reminds me of a certain cerebral assassin), they seem to keep the main events refreshing with different and often young, fresh guys involved, from what I’ve seen anyway.
    And overall, any sort of competition for WWE has to be good, as it should provoke WWE to raise their game, as it did in the "Monday Night Wars" (still waiting for it to happen mind you)

The few negatives I have about TNA is firstly the production level is quite bad at times, especially when filming back stage which, for me , when done right can really add to a angle, as WWE have proven in the past. Granted they have a low budget compared to what WWE can do, and maybe a lot of the show's editing is done by TWC before we see it here in Ireland, but it is still something I would like to see much improved.

Secondly, although I love to see ex. WWE people like Raven, Rhyno and Jeff Hardy getting the opportunity to do things they were not allowed to do in WWE is great, bringing in too many of the older guys like Nash and DDP just to have big names involved with the company reminds me too much of the old WCW politicy.It doesn’t help the younger guys develop into main eventers if too old timers hogging the spotlight for a short term payoff. Nash to me is a mercenary, who has no real interest in the direction of a company as long as he gets his money, and his mates Hall and Waltman are a bad influence as well. At least people like Monty Sopp, Brian Armstrong and even Jarrett are interested in working with the younger talent. Granted, Sopp obviously feels he still has a lot to offer himself and that's why he moved, but I don't think he has a problem working with the lower guys in a midcard match, unlike Nash.

Plus, although I like to watch the pure TNA talent, I wonder how well they would do in WWE? And not just because of people like HHH preventing them from doing anything of merit, plus the fact that Vince has never been a big fan of any non-WWE “grown” talent, with some rare exceptions.
    I honestly don’t think a lot of the guys would look believable in feuds with the big WWE names, with the exception of Styles, Daniels, Alpha Male and Abyss who I think could compete at the highest level in WWE.

Anyway, they are just my opinions; good luck to TNA is what I say, but long live WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i think tna is class as far as a wrestling company goes - but as for storylines they do suck a bit!! personally i just watch the PPV's because there always organised chaos! they are doing wat WWE used to do before they we afraid of loosing stars to injury!! jeff hardys jump off the entrance onto abyss(i think) was absolutly crazy!! Brilliant match!!

personally i'd love to see Styles, Fallen Angel and Abyss at WWE!! you could start up the stables again!! it would be better than the poor attempt of the Mexi-cools!!! S***!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I probably would say TNA is better but i dont have the wrestling channel, thank you NTL and i can't download it either :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

TNA is definetly better than Smackdown at the moment,most of the wrestlers do give a damn and the only thing that is wrong with it is JJ hanging around the title situation.And Doubtful donkey you are a ****ing prick Samoa Joe whom I think you are referring to has more talent in his little finger than you have of doing anything go **** right off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

jesusjones wrote:
    TNA is definetly better than Smackdown at the moment,most of the wrestlers do give a damn and the only thing that is wrong with it is JJ hanging around the title situation.And Doubtful donkey you are a ****ing prick Samoa Joe whom I think you are referring to has more talent in his little finger than you have of doing anything go **** right off!

Are you trying to get banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

JJ give it up. doubtful donkey has been banned for similar actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I'm enjoying TNA better at the moment because its new and actually surprising at times. New in the sense that it isn't necessarily rehashing previous story lines. Admittedly, there is only a certain amount that can be done within the confines of professional wrestling but that doesn't mean that you should insult your audience a la WWE at the minute.

Jarrett and Raven need to go imo, bring in a few more big guys (who can work!) and push the heavyweight division equally with the X division. The recent TV deal should push them to greater things but at this stage, WWE have such a stranglehold, it will be hard to break out in the minds of casual US wrestling fans.

In closing, just let me just say Ted DiBiase and Virgil > JBL and Orlando Jordan by a long, long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

TNA has a lot more going for it than WWE i think. If TNa had a better roster it would be the better company

Advertisement