Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router signal strength dismal!

• 31-08-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi
    A housemate of mine got IBB broadband recently and i got a wireless router so i could share the connection. this is the router:
    D-Link DI-524 802.11g/b WiFi Wireless Router
    Problem is the connection comes and goes and i only ever get "very low" signal strength! :mad: The router is in his room just the other side of a thin wall!
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as regards setup to fix this problem? The router has a spec which is effective to over 100feet i think, but it doesnt work a few metres away in the living room!
    Im in Clonskeagh , just above UCD. Just wondering what mast we are connected to?
    Im a bit stuck and frustrated here, any help would be great! :D
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

There could be problems with interference, try changing the channel the AP transmits on. This may help, also try repositioning the ap away from the wall.

Advertisement