Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving Calls on PSTN Line and diverting them to remote VoIP location

Options
  • 31-08-2005 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

OK the title doesn't do this thread justice, but I didn't know how else to explain it...

Basically this is the situation.
    I have a guy that works for me from the north.

I will be away for a couple of weeks and would like a way to divert all calls to him without it costing me money! :)

In the office we currently have a PBX system with 3 phone lines.
    With the main number, I was going to attach this to a pc and have call answering software that would decide what to do with the call, as in send to answering machine / forward to Remote VoIP client.

That's what I'm thinking, is this possible? And if so, can you recmmend software for each end.

We have a mandrake and windows box available to do this on - so open to suggestions.

Ideally a low cost option would suit best! :)

Another question would be - would it be possible for him to answer calls that come into the office and then send them back to the main PBX switch here in the office to another extension?

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

Hi Tom,

You can do all that with a softswitch such as www.asterisk.org although you'll need anything from a day to a week to get it running to suit your needs.

If you have broadband connections at either end I'm sure your VoIP company could easily do what you wish. If not feel free to drop me an email (excuse the plug) aaronc@blueface.ie and I can help.

Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

tomED wrote:
    In the office we currently have a PBX system with 3 phone lines.
    With the main number, I was going to attach this to a pc and have call answering software that would decide what to do with the call, as in send to answering machine / forward to Remote VoIP client.
    Depending on how complicated your rules are, it may be possible to do it on an ATA like the sipura 3000 by setting the dialing plans and changing the PSTN <--> VoIP settings.

What hardware are you using to handle, the calls from the PBX to VoIP?

Advertisement