Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Card Help

• 25-06-1999 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Awight!!!
    I just got a new DULL machine.Video card is a Diamond Viper nVidia TNT AGP .
    Whats the Sus? is it OpenGL compatable? cos I only get "software" in dropdown boxes in games. Do I need to upgrade drivers or wha?

De-I-Havent-a-clue-Viant
    tongue.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Oh yes! You've got basically the best OpenGL accelerator on the market, except for its big brother, the TNT2. In order to get the best out of it, you'll want to use the nVidia Detonator drivers, which you can find here:

http://www.nvidia.com/Products.nsf/htmlmedia/software_drivers.html

However, the Riva TNT is not a 3dfx card, and therefore doesn't support the 3dfx library, called Glide. Therefore games like Tribes won't support it out of the box. G'luck,

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Cheers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Sounds familiar... I posted a similar query a few weeks back on a similar issue. I had (and still have) a few probs with my Diamond TNT card (though I had no problems with games detecting it as opengl). I got the latest Diamond drivers, but I didn't like the Diamond controls, and the Gamma is set waaaay down low by default.

I've got the latest NVidia drivers, and have had no real problems with them, but I do get some weird sh*t happening in Q3... sometimes I get some bad slowdowns when the game initialises: I have to reset the video driver options in the game and restart.

Also: I'm losing detail in 1/2 life: blood splats and soot effects disappear, or only appear at certain angles.

Anyhow, I'd really like to hear how you're getting on with it. I know that I can get mine to run way better (if I knew how!)

G.

Advertisement