Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evaluation thingies

Options
  • 31-08-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

I'm not sure if this is a common occurance or whatever but I got that Class Evaluation thing today, and I laughed. Alot. I'd be willing to bet alot of money that it's generic. Which I also find hilarious for no particular reason. Seriously though: "Your interest in and enthusiasm for the subject seemed to have encouraged other class members. You were a key contributor in the class". I listened to music and slept, ALL the time! Yup, I guess that's dedication for ya. Did anyone in my class get theirs with those lines in it?

Also, the Instrucrtors Signature says: PP Cfitzgerald (Least thats what it looks like). Our instructors name was Jun Ni.... somethink be out of place here O.o

Comments

got mine today too. First 2 paragraphs completely Generic, last one was nice though. it'll look well stapled to my CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Yeah the first half's for your ma I think. I was happy, it seemed like at least some effort went in.

Who's this Fitzgerald, by the way?

Eleanor - it's the Academic Co-ordinator, all my others have Colm O'Reilly on them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

PP is some Latin thingy I think but loosly translated it means ''in place of'' and C Fitzgerald is Catriona's signature so she obviously signed in place of the instructors. Alot of mine was generic but a good bit of it was personal and well thought. In the words of my dear mother: ''He wrote it in legalese!''

oops, my bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

2 paragraphs of boilerplate explaining the course, 2 personalised ones. Last letter from Ctyi :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

A few paragraphs going over what we did followed by another paragraph, the sincerity of which I'm not able to gauge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Raphael wrote:
    2 paragraphs of boilerplate explaining the course, 2 personalised ones.
    Pretty much the same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

At the bit where it says: Instructor's Signature, was anyone else's NOT signed by their instructor? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I don't think anyone's was, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I don't know about generic comments at the end. I got a pretty stinging one two years ago and in the parent teacher meeting thing. So you must've done well or my instructor was refreshingly honest at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Well i don't feel loved - i didn't get mine!
    C'mon, Inverin ain't THAT far out!!
    If it doesn't come tomorrow i shall be sad...
    Argh, guys i just started back at school today and OMG i swear to f*ck if i hear the words "Teastas Sóisireach" (Junior Cert in Irish cos my school's all-Irish) one more time i shall kill somebody!
    there is gonna be a hell of a lot of dead bodies come next June!!
    **frustrated/murderous noises**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ILikeCheese

My instructor wrote me a heartfelt sonnet and promised that his love for me would never die.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

i live in dublin but i haven't got it yet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

My instructor wrote me a heartfelt sonnet and promised that his love for me would never die.

is that allowed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

carlowboy wrote:
    I don't know about generic comments at the end. I got a pretty stinging one two years ago and in the parent teacher meeting thing. So you must've done well or my instructor was refreshingly honest at the time

I didn't know of anyone who ever got a bad report before... I thought everyone just got told they were amazing... And apparently I bring out the best in people, but I've no idea how...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Hmmm... I guess Elenor signing mine would suggest that our teacher couldnt write them for some reason... either way, that evaluation was DEFINATELY not personalised. Unless our instructor had mental problems O.o. Yeah I didn't actually make it clear that it was the PERSONAL evaluation part of mine that was generic.

And Fiodhna, why do you get younger every time I find out your age!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I've had two instructors admit that for some students they've had to write generic stuff (though possibly in jest) but most people I imagine get actual evaluations. Mine have always seemed personalised.

As for them not being signed by the instructor I'd imagine that it's because by the time they were printed the instructors had all gone back to wherever it is they go back to and so the office staff signed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Mine was personalised but also appropriately, well censored. All positive and generally nice and obviously thought out well by either my instructor or TA who could have been less kind than they were but decided to be really sound and fair.
    Thanks Sarah and Kerri :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

From my rememberance of them being written - they're personalised. generally its just outlining the course and then other bits on you yourself, which are personalised always :)

as for Caitriona signing em, i'd say all of them say that - most of the instructors wouldnt have gotten the chance before they left to sign them as they wouldnt have been printed up. CFitzgerald is Caitriona Fitzgerald.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dementia

Neil, did we get evaluations in our day? oh and by our day I mean my day :rolleyes: 1998-2001, or is that something that started in 2002?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I have an evaluation from CA in 2001, so they did have them back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Did anyone else get an International Relations one this year or before. I think he just bull-****s from Peter Lydon's guide to life which has self-styled him to this fine image of perfection*sarcasm for any-one who doesn't know him*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

2001 was my first year - and i think i still have mine knocking about somewhere - just cus you're ancient Ciara :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Ha! I knewd it! Both Michael's and Dylan's 'personal' evaluations were the exact same as mine. Every bit completely generic. That's hilarious..... *larf*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Yup! theres been evaluations since the start of cty - ur just gettin too old to remember!!! :rolleyes:

Imagine if there was Ra evaluations though :D oh the fun we'd have writin those!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Mine was reasonably well personalised so far as to thank me for the present of Fredrick (my red spade which in co-indence is the Globtropian Spade Of POWER)

Its a philosophy thing

~Pierce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Globtrob you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Dearv wrote:
    Yup! theres been evaluations since the start of cty - ur just gettin too old to remember!!! :rolleyes:

I have an evaluation from one of the Saturday courses from 1996 lying around somewhere.... scary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I remember the Globtrob thing! Well, now it doesn't seem as spontanious and cool. Mine was personalised all the way through, and oddly kind....

Advertisement