Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Problems...

Options
  • 31-08-2005 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I finally bought a copy of WOW and to my annoyance I am having problems installing it. The problem is that it is continually crashing on CD2 while trying to open an .mpq file. It seems from the official forums that this is a common problem. Just wondering if anyone out there had the same issue and if they managed to fix it as I have tried all recommended solutions from Blizzard. Believe me when I say any help is appreceited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you try ripping the ISOs to your HD and installing from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Happened to me on my pc at home, cd2 is very tempramental. The way I solved it was to open and reclose the cd drive forcing the drive to rescan the cd u may have to do this a few times during the installation but it works fine.

Advertisement