Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sabine Schmitz Ring Taxi (M5) Nürburgring lap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Remember she did it in the van too. Love to marry that woman.

I hear they've put more ticket machines on the right-hand side to facilitate for us and the UK, and anyone who drives on the left. So now you have no excuse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Aye, she's a 'goer' alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

That's a good site, there are loads of videos and pictures!
    ring49-3189.jpg
    ring49-2970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

qz wrote:
    Remember she did it in the van too. Love to marry that woman

I think I remember OP expressing that wish before you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

unkel wrote:
    I think I remember OP expressing that wish before you :D

Who? that typically German man-beast of a woman ?? no thanks ill pass ....she'd probably crush me to smitherines.

• Advertisement

PlayaFlow wrote:
    Who? that typically German man-beast of a woman ??

uh-oh! Adam's gonna bite ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PlayaFlow wrote:
    she'd probably crush me to smitherines.
    Not man enough for her, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Was over there last week and she flew past me on my first lap - left me for dead. We'll all become mormons and we'll all marry her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Thanks for the link - great videos. You get some perspective on the elevation changes - they are quite severe.

I like the Elise video. Twitchy wee thing, isn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I was on the ring a few weeks ago. It's amazing. It's like a roller coaster. I was absolutely loving it but was scared as sh1t at the same time.
    I didn't spot Sabine there but we did come across 3 accidents on our lap.
    If anyone is half thinking about it, go for it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Super video. Pity the dude in the car wouldn't shut the hell up though - really annoying!! Sit back and enjoy it man and SHUT UP!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Check out Hans Stuck's lap of it. The filename is m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv, I'll leave the rest up to you. He takes in a bit of the Sudschleife as well... it makes Sabine's lap look positively pedestrian.

I'm hoping to get over there before the season ends... any boards people head over regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

DukeDredd wrote:
    Super video. Pity the dude in the car wouldn't shut the hell up though - really annoying!! Sit back and enjoy it man and SHUT UP!!!!!!

I hear ya, in between bursts of his moronic nervous laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Vid only played for 2mins ??? Damn computer at work.
    Someone mention a vid with a m3 gtr, could you link to as i cant find it there.
    Anyone see the vid where she's been followed by a porsche?

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea the dude talking was annoying alright.

I'd love to do that some time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Awesome. Just awesome. I get shivers down my spine when he's flat out, and when he put the power back on in some of the corners I'm screaming "NO NO, NOT YET, YOU CAN'T!" :D

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

If you ever watch him [Hans Stuck] drive in a duke Dvd called the GTR Story - he takes out Shin Inoue's Pro-Spec R34 - he's tremendous in it, he talks you thru the ring doing up to 180 190 mph ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 xephyr

ssh wrote:
    I'm hoping to get over there before the season ends... any boards people head over regularly?

I'm heading over for my third visit in about two weeks. Its a crazy place and well worth a visit if you are a petrolhead. If anyone is planning a trip, the best source of info is Ben's site at www.nurburgring.org.uk

xephyr

• Advertisement

Ben's site is great... I've just got a new set of wheels (it begins with S and ends with 00. They're might be a 20 in the middle somewhere.)

I'm hoping to take it out there soon enough, just a question of time.

Gobsmacked :eek:

What an incredible drive. Stuck seems to be in total control of the car at all times, not even taking risks. I was shocked with the behaviour of most people he passed. Aren't they supposed to indicate right to allow for overtaking on the left? That's what I'm used to seeing on Ring vids

And what's the story with that car? Any info anyone? The cynic in me suggests that he is heavily sponsored by BMW (see victorious scene at the end) :D

Advertisement