Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver excess download charges

• 31-08-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Just went over my cap for the first time in 2 years. Just curious whether or not I will be charged. From the looks of it im assuming yes. Can anyone confirm that?

Im on clicksilver plus package btw

edit --> Hmmmmm, just reading over the utv broadband down post. Seems like alot of you noticed a spike in download after the trouble lastnight. I know I was pretty close to my limit but now its 1.8gigs over. Im wondering is that something to with it. How many of you noticed something strange?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Yes you will be charged because UTV hates the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Someone posted here earlier that UTV charge 1.5 for every extra MB downloaded....so €15 a GByte.

My guess is to expect your bill to be €25 more than normal!

Is there anyone on boards.ie that has UTV's UK service and could they tell us if they are as strict with their British customers on over downloading as they arre with their Irish customers???

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

Is there any facility with UTV to see how much traffic you've had in the month?
    Like, could I keep an eye on my downloads and know in advance if I'm going to get near the cap?

Thanks
    Vida

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

vidapura,

Yes you will be charged and yes it is €15 per Gb :mad: :eek: . You can check your download so far by logging into the link they send you in your bill email where you can look at your statement- there's a link on the lefthand side of that page that shows you how much you've downloaded so far this month.

EDIT: Here you go: Click here: https://ssl2.u.tv/clicksilveraccountie/newindex.asp , enter you username log in, and then click "Bandwith usage" on the left hand side of the next screen.

I'm looking forward to speed increases, but would far prefer a higher download cap..............

The Ritz.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

• Advertisement

Hoeyh,
    thanks for that. Tis a bad state of affairs when UTV themselves never bothered telling me about this and I have to rely on a third party to tell me about it...
    sigh...
    Now I wonder is there any other facilities I should know about...
    Thanks
    Vida..

PS: I signed up from the phone call package from them too... any idea what 'evening and weekends' actually means? Like is it from 6pm i the evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Why don't you all move away from UTV to BT? I'm quite happy with them - they have a good package with line rental and they dont charge for breaking the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah I was quite happy with BT while i was with them. UTV sound like a shower of money grabbing bastages.

Whoa Nelly!!! heh heh.. I only JUST got connected !

In the sleepy little village of Moycullen the broadband has only just been enabled.

And since I'm a 'tennant' (hate that term) and with the way BT look down their noses at 'tennants' .. well.. I read that thread about yer mans nightmare with BT and all that.. mostly seemed to be because he was a lowly 'tennant' ....

So opted for UTV, guy down the road has it and was happy out. I have to say that so far the service has been grand. Got connected within the 14 days of my order, changed my order half way through cos I decided I wanted a wireless modem, and the modem still arrived on time.

Set up was a doddle.. and any calls to the support guys have been fine (like when I rang to change the order to get the wireless modem) and the operators were polite and well informed.
    So far so good....

Yeah its a bit silly they didn't tell me about the My Account link on the clicksilver page.. but shur.. it seems to work anyway...

Anyway, six month minimum term so...

Thanks for the help and advice anyway lads,

Vida

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 journo_girl

Hi I'm with meteor wireless broadband and have recieved a bill for 1,400 euro in the space of 19 days. I heard that there was new legislation brought in that caps the amount at 60 euro and they must get written or verbal consent to allow you to download further. Is this true or is it just in England?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This thread is about UTV Broadband. Your issue is with Meteor 3G Internet access, a completely different technology.
    This thread is also 6 years old. Please do not drag up such an old thread, especially to post something completely unrelated.

The legislation you refer to is to do with roaming data charges, not domestic. If you used the amount of data they are billing you for, then you must pay, or beg for leniency. Read the T&Cs of the contract you sign in future, all the charges are laid out in plain English for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement