Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over zealous mods?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

LOL :) - wriggle worm wriggle - how's that for a one liner

Anyway I won't attempt to give you advice after all - as you pm'd me the other day

"be careful, you still have a long way to go before you can outsmart me on an internet forum"

If you won't want peoples complaints have you ever considered not being a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

egan007 wrote:
    If you want to complain, how about waiting until something that isn't a cut-and-dried case of a mod doing to only sensible thing in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

egan007 wrote:
    LOL :) - wriggle worm wriggle - how's that for a one liner

Anyway I won't attempt to give you advice after all - as you pm'd me the other day

"be careful, you still have a long way to go before you can outsmart me on an internet forum"

you had your chance to show us all up, but it seems you are all talk and no action.

shame.

you just got boring.

Talliesin wrote:
    If you want to complain, how about waiting until something that isn't a cut-and-dried case of a mod doing to only sensible thing in the circumstances.

Hey I'm a reasonable person - I have very few complaints
    I think this is the case for me anyway

you had your chance to show us all up, but it seems you are all talk and no action.

shame.

you just got boring.

It's fun to watch :) -
    Hold on I'll get popcorn
    That's were you and I differ - I don't need to show you all up
    You are doing more than an adequate job.

Hold on i'll drop my head in shame -
    hold on ..
    hold..
    There we go ......
    ahhhhhh
    felt bad there for a sec....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

egan007 wrote:
    And obviously striking a chord

Judging by the responces on this thread alot of people find a problem here but it's clear that some mods don't want to recognise it.

God forbid they might be wrong.
    Expecially you

Or it could be that the "problem" is hugely exagerated by people yet to break through that "fight the power" stage in life.

amp wrote:
    Or it could be that the "problem" is hugely exagerated by people yet to break through that "fight the power" stage in life.

Oh backup great!
    It's like a brotherhood!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

egan007 wrote:
    I think if's funny how an electronic identity thinks it has some kind of power over another electronic identity and takes satisfaction from it.
    Personally, I think it's even funnier when the second electronic identity thinks that the first electronic identity has somehow managed to do some kind of grievious damage to it, and that moaning about it to a bunch of other electronic identities is going to put right some percieved electronic wrong. :)

stevenmu wrote:
    Personally, I think it's even funnier when the second electronic identity thinks that the first electronic identity has somehow managed to do some kind of grievious damage to it, and that moaning about it to a bunch of other electronic identities is going to put right some percieved electronic wrong. :)

HI Steve!
    Yeah that is funny!
    I'm not trying to put anything right - as far as i'm concerned it's grand
    I'm just having fun - isn't that what the whole inter web thing is about anyway.
    :)
    I've had enough fun here for the day now so i think I'll move on
    Thanks for lending me an ear - such nice caring mods we have here on boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

man, this goes on soooooo many times, it's like PI when 1000 people decide to break up their relationship in one go, you just start seeing the same cr@p again and again and have already saved your first reply in one of the threads and just paste it into the next one.

Hell, I don't know how many people are registered on boards, and frankly I don't really give a toss, but it IS clear (at least to me) that it is an extreme minority who think they have to b!tch about that they were buttfooked by a Mod because they were banned for 1 week, 1 WEEK, for been a total muppet and not obeying the rules.
    I have been posting in this place for nearly a year now, and I have been banned once, (and the reason was valid, might I ask) but I didn't go through a mental breakdown like the OP because he couldn't see the posts in a forum for that said time.

The only advise from my behalf is, ...... er...... well I don't really have any advice for you, just from the fact that it IS sad to have nothing better in your petty lives than to post why some meany Mod banned you, because YOU COULDN'T FOLLOW THEIR BL00DY RULES IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

FFS get over it and move on in life

Now then, who wants a cuppa tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

What way does the water go down the plughole in Australia? Does it swirl to the left or right?

Hobart wrote:
    What way does the water go down the plughole in Australia? Does it swirl to the left or right?

Idiot,

Australia doesn't have any water, it would just fall into space ;)

Oh dear God, I've just been insulted on the internet, report report. Anyhue, your the idiot, the world is flat. That round thing is just a conspiracy. I have the proof. I'm posting from Australia, it's freezing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

gilga and hobart banned for going off topic
    PM me in one week if I forget to unban you
    B

Beruthiel wrote:
    B

damn,

you wait Ruthie, I will avenge myself by posting in the Feedback forum how mean you are when I get back Mwahahahaha :D

Beruthiel wrote:
    B

I'm being oppressed, I demand an enquiry.

Gilgamesh banned from Feedback as part of the great mod conspiracy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you can't ban him
    I already did it!!
    and he can add an extra week for calling me mean!

Talliesin wrote:
    Gilgamesh banned from Feedback as part of the great mod conspiracy.

but, but.... (schnief) .... . what should I do with my life now?....... Schnief...... can I at least post in PI how pointless my life has is now because I am banned..... schnief..... blubber..... /tear runs down face........ WAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :(

I thought you liked me......

/me goes to find rope and tree

egan007 wrote:
    HI Steve!
    Yeah that is funny!
    I'm not trying to put anything right - as far as i'm concerned it's grand
    I'm just having fun - isn't that what the whole inter web thing is about anyway.
    :)
    I've had enough fun here for the day now so i think I'll move on
    Thanks for lending me an ear - such nice caring mods we have here on boards :)

to quote monty python...

'run away, run away'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

*bangs coconuts*
    *runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    *bangs coconuts*
    *runs away*

Pips the GruppenFührer Mod in, and -in the context of this thread- hardly the shining example with unwarranted postings such as:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    ambro25.
    STFU-Dog_on_puppy.jpg

:rolleyes:

oh fuzzy.

how could you!

put down the coconuts and go and stand in the corner...

...no, facing the wall.

now think about what you have done...

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Get this through your heads.
    When you decide to visit a forum, you are walking on the turf of the Moderator whom watches over it.

The rules of said forums are clearly stated in Charters / Sticky Threads or updated in open threads in the event that people seem to be forgetting to play by the given paremeters.

If you are banned / have your threads locked for something that wasn't mentioned in a charter / sticky warning thread / in the thread you were posting into, then you may have a valid arguement, but if you've been warned, and decide to go against it thinking that total freedom of speech applies here, you will be given a punishement that the moderators seems fitting for the violation.

Bitching and complaining over and over again about how Boards.ie is 'Biased' generally come from people who ignore any and all posts giving any form of idea as to what the rules are, because the fact that it's an online forum 'MUST' mean you can clearly say whatever you like without repercussion.

Unfortunately, this site is owned by people whom have assigned moderators to keep check on the countless amount of forums it supplies, each of which are capable of trolling up this very same bull**** that we have to keep in check.
    As you can see, this isn't the only thread here complaining about how unfairly someone has been treated, and is often due to someone either not keeping up to date with the warnings provided, or them not giving a **** about them in the first place.

Regardless of the amount of crap we deal with, we must still maintain an open mind and stay fair to other posters, even those whom come up with the same repeated garbage as you lot, but if a moderators patience is stretched, you have to expect some form of payback. This isn't done 'because we can', it's done because we've bleated continuously at you to refrain from whatever the hell you were doing and are trying to just calm everyone down a bit.
    Oh backup great!
    It's like a brotherhood!

This started off with one poster issuing a complaint against one moderator - It then ended up with a horde of posters issuing mass complaints about moderators in general. If you are going to go down the road of mass moderator bitchslapping, why the hell are you suprised that the moderators are here to try and drill the same damn point into your heads. If you don't follow the simple rules (Rules created with the intention of halting this **** happening and allowing regular posters to have an abuse free read) then you are punished - Simple.
    Who will want to visit an over-policed site where response to posts must be robotic and sterile?

You do realise that interest and fun can be gained outside of acting like a git, don't you? Things don't have to turn robotic for peace to be had here, but a simple one minute read of the rules in a forum before shooting your mouth off might be of some damn help.
    you're not here to control but to facilitate.
    So long as the rules are upheld, we do very little but monitor the shinanigins that follow. We don't troll through each and every post with baited breath, waiting for someone to slip up so that we can express our 'SUPAER MAEGA MODARAETOR POWEARS'. You have little to no idea of the amount of effort that some moderators put in to keep the peace, and judging by the **** posted up in this thread, it doesn't look like anyone will see it either.

It's very simple - If you post to a forum, be sure to read the charter it supplies - The charter is generally a multi-edited thread that has been constantly updated over the course of time in an attempt to give some form of free, yet stern, control over it's given forum so that, without going off-topic or spiralling into complete flaming bull****, people can post away without being disturbed by the 'evil demon' moderators that watch over it. If these simple pointers are ignored, you will be given a warning - Then a ban. It's that simple, and it applies to everyone, including other moderators, so we do not get off scot free because we have a miniscule title.

It is not an open war forum without an owner that allows random bull**** to be posted up here without any policing - It's an owned site controlled by moderators whom have been given guidlines by said owners and administrators to uphold in order to have some form of relative peace over the immense amount of forums created for you posters to read. If you dislike the way it works, tough ****.

If you have a problem with a moderator, take it up with them (nicely) and if the result is unsatisfactory, and you feel you have a valid arguement, post it here. Otherwise, find some unpoliced troll housing forum somewhere else to bitch about it.

Biased%20Card.gifPeonRevolt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

If you think of moderators as being like the 'Charity Car Wash' guys from Curb Your Enthusiasm (especially en masse) you understand how to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

dude!
    Did you not see ropeh's post.
    1639RopeDrink_s_Amazig_Rant2.gif

No one is supposed to continue arguiung after that.

(nice one ropeh btw)

For the most part if someone makes a suggestion as to how the rules of a particular forum can be changed, and explains why it will help the forum do what it is meant to do (hint, try to work out what the forum is for before coming up with ways to help it do what it is for) they will be listened to, nay eagerly welcomed.

Doesn't happen very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*raises an eyebrow*

You'd swear I'd perma banned him, his children and his children's children or sth.

This is my first complaints thread :) I feel validated as a mod now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

magpie wrote:
    If you think of moderators as being like the 'Charity Car Wash' guys from Curb Your Enthusiasm (especially en masse) you understand how to deal with them.

Thanks for calling us retards!
    you're not here to control but to facilitate.

Who told you that, you seem to presume alot. Just yesterday DeVore told me to meet my banning quota or be demodded. So I banned people regardless of what they had done.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I wish I had a banning quota to meet, I know who'd get the banstick every time...

Advertisement