Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techno Thursday

• 31-08-2005 8:06pm

does anybody else reckon techno thursday has been kinda ruined after they moved it out of the metropolitan. Or do ye think its better??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

"Techno Thursday"? Are you talking about Electric City or is this some other club I've never heard of?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They have a new techno night in the metro on thursdays now?

i went to it a few times during the last two years untill they closed it down last march, they moved it somewhere else, forget where

it was always a good night, surprised none of you heard of it :confused:

Electric City ran a night downstairs in the Metropolitan. It was on every Thursday and it started on the 27th of February 2003 and ran until the 10th of February 2005 when the Metropolitan decided that it wasn't going to do anymore clubs downstairs (Bassbin also finished up in the Metro around this time).

There were no other nights in Thursdays in the basement of the Metropolitan and I don't ever remember any techno on the ground floor either (it was usually cheesy house or pop muisc there).

After the 27/2/2005 downstairs in the Metro was changed into an "Irish Music Bar" for a while and then became a strip club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea skatter, thats the met biography alright!!

i was there for the last night, it was Louis Osbourne at EC, last tune was Blue Monday - not a bad send off at all!

Traffic is good stuff though, no complaints, and its good to see the lineups gettin better and better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Does anybody remember the first Electric City? Where The Hacker was supposed to be playing but he cancelled and Kalif played instead and ****ing rocked the place?

skkatter wrote:
    There were no other nights in Thursdays in the basement of the Metropolitan and I don't ever remember any techno on the ground floor either (it was usually cheesy house or pop muisc there).

cool, thats what my mates always reffered to it as, must have just got the name wrong :)

Does anybody remember the first Electric City? Where The Hacker was supposed to be playing but he cancelled and Kalif played instead and ****ing rocked the place?
    I remember the first Electric City. It was on Thursday the 27th of February 2003. The lineup was:

Alan Carbery
    Giles Armstrong
    Simon Conway

Simon Conway had also played the same night in Grays of Newmarket Square where he supported Scape One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

skkatter wrote:
    I remember the first Electric City. It was on Thursday the 27th of February 2003. The lineup was:

Alan Carbery
    Giles Armstrong
    Simon Conway

Simon Conway had also played the same night in Grays of Newmarket Square where he supported Scape One.
    Hmmm........I always thought that Hacker gig was the first one, the date 13th March rings a bell for some reason, because I remember it was close to Paddys Day.

It was the first time I was there anyway. :)

Advertisement