Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

muddled...

• 31-08-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im 17, now ive had my fair share of boyfriends and all but for some reason am attracted to older guys. Im fairly mature for my age, i have a laugh, and im a chilled kinda person.

Im talking about liking guys 28,30, which i know is a good bit older but they just seem to appeal to me more,not to score on a night out, more for a relationship. most people i meet tend to think im 26 or finished uni or that and it usually a bit of a shock when they find out my age.

Ive my guys in different circumstances that i like and know like me, we click but do you think this is a no no or doable....

I know my friends or parents wouldnt approve but with these i just feel different, maybe its just a phase or a want of more attention... i dont know.

one guy after we spent a night out together and with others but spent a good while on our own flirting have the craic, he walked me back sort of sighed and said your 17 and im a grown man, and kissed me on the lips. then we met another night, and he came on to me but this night was back where i knew aload of people round and so did he, so i rejected him even though i really liked him,just cuz i was ashamed i suppouse or didnt want any1 to know....we've hung round since and he flirts more with me.... do you think a relationship like this could go anywhere am i kidding myself or is it more like one night stand material, although hes a genuine guy who wouldnt normally do that...

theres been more too...

should i just stick to guys more my age in the hope of not getting hurt.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1) The age difference, but more importantly, life experience difference makes your expectations and their expectations hugely different. That you are under 18 also puts in place some legal constraints.

2) Realise that, in all likelihood, it isn't likely to last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tkminx wrote:
    Im 17, now ive had my fair share of boyfriends and all but for some reason am attracted to older guys. Im fairly mature for my age, i have a laugh, and im a chilled kinda person.

Im talking about liking guys 28,30, which i know is a good bit older but they just seem to appeal to me more,not to score on a night out, more for a relationship. most people i meet tend to think im 26 or finished uni or that and it usually a bit of a shock when they find out my age.

Ive my guys in different circumstances that i like and know like me, we click but do you think this is a no no or doable....

I know my friends or parents wouldnt approve but with these i just feel different, maybe its just a phase or a want of more attention... i dont know.

one guy after we spent a night out together and with others but spent a good while on our own flirting have the craic, he walked me back sort of sighed and said your 17 and im a grown man, and kissed me on the lips. then we met another night, and he came on to me but this night was back where i knew aload of people round and so did he, so i rejected him even though i really liked him,just cuz i was ashamed i suppouse or didnt want any1 to know....we've hung round since and he flirts more with me.... do you think a relationship like this could go anywhere am i kidding myself or is it more like one night stand material, although hes a genuine guy who wouldnt normally do that...

theres been more too...

should i just stick to guys more my age in the hope of not getting hurt.....

I always see age as just a number. I wouldn't think of anything if i saw or knew a girl of 17 with a 27/28 year old guy or vice versa. It's very common that girls of your age are attracted to older, more mature men since most blokes around your age are complete muppets (like me! :D ). You said that you are quite a mature person for your age so IMO that reflects your taste in men. It may be just a phase you are going through but hell we all go through phases in our lives and lets live our phases to the full! Don't let a number bother you. If you feel something genuinely common or more on the same wavelength with blokes of this age then don't feel different or inconfortable about it. As long as you are happy that's all that matters. About your question of getting hurt. We all know that there are alot of very unreliable guys out there but they come from all ages. Relationships involve risks and there's an equal chance of being hurt no matter what age the bloke is. If your are wondering about whether you should go out with the guy why don't you make a date where there won't be any other friends around you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

as victor point out, its a life thing.

Hes nearly 28 - he will probaly be settling down soon enough, he wont be as up for the nights out drink etc. He might start looking for a girl to seriously settle down with. Thats why hes probaly just seeing you for sex, which is grand like. But dont expect anything serious.

Also, i expect you will go to college, chances are you will want to travel alot aswell. If he is in a serious job he wont be able to.

Just view it as a short term thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Victor wrote:
    That you are under 18 also puts in place some legal constraints.

I thought the AoC was 17... so no legal problems there...

Advertisement