Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's an idea

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

There's hardly anyone who wears the dressing gown but hasn't read the books. It's a CTYI tradition but people are getting snobby because they think the newbies are just following the crowd. Well kids, we were all newbies once and yet collectively we've made CTYI the great place it is. We all claim to be non-judgemental and accepting. Lets act like it

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

Indeed. Been there, read that, worn the dressing-gown. Despite being a newbie.

Anyway, I don't really like the monthly reunion idea. There's no way I could make it there every month, and there would be less of a 'Reunion! Go-go-go!' feeling to it. Occaisional reunions would be better as there would be more people turning up thanks to that 'Reunion! Go-go-go!' feeling; rather than not going because this particular month didn't suit, people would make sure to go as it'd be a rare opportunity. Or so I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

In retrospect, I think it's a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Outcast wrote:
    We all claim to be non-judgemental and accepting.

Speak for yourself! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They'd just turn into regualr ol' townifications with a select few of us turning up each week and the numbers getting less and less until it's just one confused person standing outside Stephen's Green saying ''Hey, isn't there a reunion today?''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

one newbie actually knew the time warp before he came to CTY, id say that theres hope for cty yet, e.g yusuf, finn and luke (from my ra group)have a few years left and they wouldve fit i with our timey people thingy just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

"timey people thingy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sure alot of my Friends are now nevermores and I get on with them grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, but we corrupted the **** out of you! :p

And Dave, as a CTYIer you should know, we don't say stuff right!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

i personally don't like the idea - mainly because obviously you're not gonna get humungous crowds at the green every month, because of ctyiers being boggers or whatever. i think that trying to have big reunions every month will take away from REAL big reunions (the kind that happen like, twice or three times a year) because you'll get different people coming up at different months etc and so it'll be harder for everyone to be in the one place for a HUGE reunion.

i was about to go off on a tangent when i spotted this there post so i'm just gonna say what she said! Ya know what i'm saying, Ana! Aiyee? Respoct!
    (i AM black goddamnit!)
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Coherency are teh lose! Non-contormism are teh win! :p

Advertisement