Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div x to dvd

Options
  • 31-08-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok i recently aquired family guy season 4 on div x and i was wondering if i burn them onto a dvd player will they run on my dvd player or is it more complicated than that? help Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

You need a compatible DVD player to view Divx files. Divx is to DVD what MP3 is to CD.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Use DivXtoDVD to convert that file format to what DVD players play and then re-author using DVD Shrink and burn using DVD Decrypter - Just finished copying all of Lost episodes from AVI to DVD using the same as above - Beware though, the trial version of DivXtoDVD leaves a web link across the top of your DVD picture so you'll need to buy it (because cracking it is illegal and should not be done).

If thats not an option search for DivX to DVD on google and take your pick of the free ones.

I know all of the above sounds complicated, but really it isn't. The hardest part is the time it takes to convert the damn file on my piece of **** PC - 9 hours each for a 40 min episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Using Nero you can create the file as VCD or SVCD which will play on a standard DVD player.

Check out Doom9.org for all this.

The quality will drop tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yes, talking about Illegal Divx's, I'm assuming these aren't back-ups of your own dvds.

Not very clever.

John

Advertisement