Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can i get a battery for my central locking key?

Options
  • 31-08-2005 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Need a battery,,, will peugeot rob me? Or can i get it somewhere else.
    What exactly kind of battery am i lookin for, can someone tell me. cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Open the key and get the type off the battery. Itll probably be a cr2025 or 2016 or similar. They are about €3 in most electrical retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Did you try to open it up and see what battery it takes? :confused:
    Or just take it to the garge and ask for a replacement, can't cost much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Nows thats efficient service :) . Thanks lads. Ill open it an check then so. Will putting in a new battery annoy the immobiliser in any way? Will it need resetting r anything. Theres no alarm at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Nope, should work just fine straight away. Also, if you manage to lock the car but don't have the battery power to unlock it, take the battery out, wrap it in a towel and put it on a radiator for ten minutes. You'll be able to get a small charge out of it, enought to unlock the car, but it couldn't be less advisable to this repeatedly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

jimi_t wrote:
    Nope, should work just fine straight away. Also, if you manage to lock the car but don't have the battery power to unlock it, take the battery out, wrap it in a towel and put it on a radiator for ten minutes. You'll be able to get a small charge out of it, enought to unlock the car, but it couldn't be less advisable to this repeatedly :)
    Am I missing something here, why not just use the key to unlock the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Also, if you have problems getting hold of the right battery, a good photo shop will usually have a good selection of these button-cell type batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also try a Jeweller, that is where I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

yellow012 wrote:
    Am I missing something here, why not just use the key to unlock the door?

I don't think that would turn the alarm off

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jimi_t wrote:
    Nope, should work just fine straight away

Be careful and read the manual first! When I had to change the battery, I had to do it within 60 seconds otherwise it would reset itself or something (can't recall the details but it wouldn't work anymore if I took longer than 60 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Woodies also stock 'button' type batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The key resets itself alright, I had to reprogram my key, I did a google and found the instructions on how to re program a Ford Focus key

Advertisement