Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come back Joe Duffy....all is forgiven

Options
  • 31-08-2005 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Every so often at work I tend to stick on Mr Duffy of an afternoon to see what the country has it's knickers in a twist over. However the past few weeks he's been on holidays and has been replaced with some woman who's name escapes me.
    I tried gving her a chance, I really did, but she is intolerable...maybe it's just personal but I find her patronising and without insight into what her callers tend to be talking about.
    But moreso; she has the most annoying habit of going "Mmmm-hmm" just after asking a caller a question....now she tends to do this at least 3-4 times per caller she talks to, and to be fair is likely unaware that she does it, but come on....surely her producer or someone in the studio has noticed. Someone needs to tell her to tone it down. I literally get two minutes into the show and have to stop what i'm doing and change the station again.

Anyone know when Joe's back? I'm not normally a radio one listener at all, but it beats hell out of the pop stations afternoon doze.
    Sorry for the rant/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id assume he will be back soon, maybe even next week, because the summer is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah the Loverly Evelyn, don't you like her homely tones?

Why when I hear her I have visions of freshly baked scones and a plate of creamy butter straight from the cow circa 1954.

She is awful, an RTE hick from the old school. Normally in the summer Derek Davis is filling the chair out but maybe he was found to be too male and so we get the Loverly Evelyn O'Rourke.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Agree 100% she was annoying on Gerry Ryan show and even more annoying on liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i hear ronan collins is moving to an earlier time, although his show will still run at 4, so could he be doing joe duffy, ronan is a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

joe's back on monday ...

it's funny hearing evelyn taking on that joe mannerism of the sharp intake of breath while saying 'yeah yeah yeah' at the same time, or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh good god, Joe Duffy is ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mossy Monk wrote:
    oh good god, Joe Duffy is ****
    So just imagine what the one presenting it now must be like...

Advertisement