Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carvan hire?

Options
  • 01-09-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I need to shift a load of stuff from the house I'm selling to my new home plus maybe take a load or two to the dump.

Does a standard driving licence cover me for driving a car-van and does anyone know where I could hire one for a day or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Ok I've discovered that argus seem reasonable for van hire (€34 a day for a Citreon Berlingo and €98 a day for a ford transit).

Does a normal drivers licence allow me to drive the transit? Seems to be limited to 'light van' under 3,500kg gross but i've no idea if the transit falls under that.

(Also does anyone know any Northside dumps that will allow a van in?)

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Yep, your standard B licence allows you to drive the transit, are those prices including insurance or do you need to transfer your own policy over?
    BTW Thrifty do the Transits for €95 for the day, on their insurance (cheaper if you can transfer your own) during the week if your interested in saving €3 :P 1800515800/01-8441900 if you wanna give 'em a call and check out the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

ubu wrote:
    Yep, your standard B licence allows you to drive the transit

Brilliant cheers for that :)
    ubu wrote:
    are those prices including insurance or do you need to transfer your own policy over?BTW Thrifty do the Transits for €95 for the day, on their insurance (cheaper if you can transfer your own) during the week if your interested in saving €3 :P 1800515800/01-8441900 if you wanna give 'em a call and check out the details.

Nice one, I'm without a car at all at the moment so would need their insurance, that wasn't included from argus so ya just saved me a good bit more that €3! :D Cheers for that.

So anyone know Northside dumps that accept vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Advertisement