Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converted

Options
  • 01-09-2005 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Nice to see a league forum, although I wouldnt have said so a few months ago (kinda the point of this post)

Being a union player I was never really interested in English league (and never bothered checking out league from any other country)

I moved to Australia last January, and I have to say I have been blown away by how good a sport it is to watch since I got here. Despite reservations I couldnt help but get hooked...especially after watching the origin games!

So, ust to let you guys know, you now have another devoted fan

P.S on a lighter note I recently played a union game against Joh hopoate! (he's the infamous leaguie who sticks his thumb up peoples arses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Welcome el lupo.

RLI has predominately RU players that have discovered league dueing the summer and, for the most part, love it. In the club i'm involved in the majority are RU players with a couple of RL ex-pats and a couple of GAA players too.

The game is proving popular with good players of the oval ball, even the forwards love the amount of ball carrying they get to do. The wingers think it's Christmas with the space and the amount of play they get.

It's a great game, and we all go back to our union teams for the winter as better players.

Keep us up to date with the goings on Down Under and give Hopoate a 'hand shake' from me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

rugby league sounds great. i've played union for 2 years now, am 18, and heading to college at Queens in Belfast next year. is there any clubs outside of the Dublin area at all? i like the game; even though it must be so much tougher than union, and i'd love to play. is there any clubs up belfast way, me wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

There is one in Portadown

http://www.rli.ie/teamA.html

Advertisement