Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party on Saturday Night

Options
  • 01-09-2005 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine is having his stag party in galway this saturday.
    Can anyone recommend some good places to go? Not really sure what we'll be doing - a few bars and a club, maybe the obligatory strip bar.

I've only been out in galway once (years ago) and my lasting memory of the night was everyone in the town being in supermacs at 4am. Do they still do that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

yossarin wrote:
    I've only been out in galway once (years ago) and my lasting memory of the night was everyone in the town being in supermacs at 4am. Do they still do that?

Yup - nothing much has changed in that respect. People still love the obligatory 20 minute wait for a bacon double cheese burger and the chance of getting their face kicked in by Galway's ambassadors of goodwill

There's only one strip club in Galway - down on Dominick St. (used to be Taylor's - wonder if they still do great pints of Guinness?)

Besides that it really depends on what sort of night you're looking for. The Roisin (next door to the strip club) is a great pub - live music in there 7 nights a week. If you're looking more for crowds, noise and the wonderful chance to choke to death on body odour then maybe try The Living Room (they serve late).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

There's only one strip club in Galway - down on Dominick St. (used to be Taylor's - wonder if they still do great pints of Guinness?)

ok believe it or not a FRIEND told me this but it's supposed to be 20 quid just to get in the place and when you do get it the women are stunning but refuse to show anything untill you show them at least 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

danniemcq wrote:
    ok believe it or not a FRIEND told me this but it's supposed to be 20 quid just to get in the place and when you do get it the women are stunning but refuse to show anything untill you show them at least 40 quid.

they're all like that aren't they ? Those places are not really my scene but it seems to be traditional with stag parties.

Cheers, both of you! We'll be the party of london and dublin lads mooching around town on saturday

just got back. ..
    great town to go out in! very lively and lots of places to go.
    I couldn't get over the number of hen parties there though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

glad you enjoyed your stippers :p

• Advertisement

funnily enough we didn't go to the strip club. just got pissed and talked about our feelings. still, good time had by all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yossarin wrote:
    just got pissed and talked about our feelings.
    'dude i love you /hugs' :)

ah sounds like a better thing than a stripclub tbh.

Advertisement