Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 for Thursday

• 01-09-2005 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Island Prince 2.30

Has discovered the winning feeling and will likely improve with this step up in trip. The opposition are also rans. One thing though, Mrs Duffield stated after the last race that she would be applying blinkers for the next one but has decided against it today. Possibly irrelevant but I think it's the winner anyway.

Holbeck Ghyll 1.50

Was beaten only a neck in a slightly better race on 14 Aug. The slight drop back in trip should be a help.

Tango Step 4.15 (laytown)

Highly progressive horse, was beaten by the draw last time out. The favourite, belle child, is an improver and this is a harder race again than what she has already won but in a nicely drawn tango step she may have a rival that will halt her gallop.

Also, look out for JJ Lambe at Carlisle today. A small bet on the three horses he has brought over from Ireland should create a return. He's a headcase of a trainer (once brought 4 or maybe it was 5....anyway...4 horses over to Perth and they finish in the last four...of the same race!)

I see one in particular, an old butler compton horse, has been backed from 66s this morning into 16s.....Lambe did something similiar with Compton Eclipse recently, albeit a better horse, but wasn't showing much form only to pull of a gamble and win under ideal conditions. Anyway, just something to keep an eye on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sneaky6

Great call Fade! I'm only new to the Boards, so hopefully I can return the favour with a few winners soon. Fingers crossed for the rest of your selections today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Nice start to the day with Holbeck Ghyll. I'm tempted myself by Tango Step today, although I'm worried that running on the sand will throw up all sorts of funny results.

Today's card at Salisbury usually throws up some very nice 2 year olds, it's probably not great for betting but will be well worth watching, especially the maidens which are races that are traditionally aimed at by some of the leading trainers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

typical the one i dont back with a short right up wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

masterK wrote:
    Nice start to the day with Holbeck Ghyll. I'm tempted myself by Tango Step today, although I'm worried that running on the sand will throw up all sorts of funny results.

Today's card at Salisbury usually throws up some very nice 2 year olds, it's probably not great for betting but will be well worth watching, especially the maidens which are races that are traditionally aimed at by some of the leading trainers.

Laytown is a mad place, there's no doubt about it, you just have to have have faith in the trainer and his decision to send the horse there. The rest of the Salisbury card does look like a bit of a nightmare alright.
    blahblah06 wrote:
    typical the one i dont back with a short right up wins

They were all pretty short bud, was in a bit of a rush this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Thanks fade .. 4-1.. only wish i put more on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

no problem...he won at 6s....A profit on the 3 selections but a bit disappointing with the other two under performing

Advertisement