Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface broadband telephone

• 01-09-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Is anybody using this service: www.blueface.ie ?

Sounds like it could be a good deal if combined with NTL broadband.

Has anybody had any dealings with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

a quick search of the forums (the voip forums springs to mind) will give you all the info you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I use it. They are excellent. I would recommend. As was stated look around the forums and the VOIP forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

I started using there service from about April and have had very little problems. I have it running on IBB 2MB breeze and there was one problem when the upgraded my connection but I call Blueface and IBB and they tweaked my connection so VoIP Data traffic is a priority

One thing to note is the Quality of there service is dependent on YOUR CONNECTION not there's as you must have at least 90kbps of Actual upload for is to work I know of people that have DSL with 128kbps upload with problems when the network is busy.

Go to there site and try there trial package.

The VoIP Form has lots of info there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

I use it with NTL and everyone thinks the quality is great! No more line rental to €ircon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

which is better though, blueface or skype? i know skype is cheaper for phone calls, but is the quality any better with bluface?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You have to use a computer for skype I believe (not certain) with Blueface you can get an IP phone or an ATA and use your regular phone. You don't need a computer for Blueface at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

You can use IP phones and ATA adpators with skype.

The main advantage with blueface is that you can port your landline number over to your internet phone so anyone calling you will just dial your normal number. You cannot have that with skype.

Also when dialing a local number with skype you have to put in the country and area codes which is a bit of a pain.

As for quality both are equally as good! So it's really up to you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mossieh wrote:
    Is anybody using this service: www.blueface.ie ?

Sounds like it could be a good deal if combined with NTL broadband.

Has anybody had any dealings with them?

Excellent service, am using it with NTL BB, and cannot speak highly eneough of it.

Blueface also have exccellent support and service as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

VinnyL wrote:
    Which is better though, blueface or skype? i know skype is cheaper for phone calls, but is the quality any better with bluface?

Skype is Not a professional VoIP Service it's just something similar to Msn Messenger but with voice and PSTN calls, also you can't really call it a VoIP service as they use there own voice protocol, the big disadvantage is very little compatibility with other networks and you can't call other VoIP providers from it.

If you go to www.voipbuster.com you can get free landline call just about all around the world for free! as long as you have €1 in you account. Check it out
    Blueface.ie offer for €15/m unlimited landline calls to England and Ireland also you get a landline number in Ireland that you can't get with Skype.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

PlasmaFish wrote:
    Blueface.ie offer for €15/m unlimited landline calls to England and Ireland also you get a landline number in Ireland that you can't get with Skype.

Also running it since April,
    Its also worth mentioning that if you get a subscribtion account you also get a 076 Irish VoIP number and a 056 UK VoIP number
    very handy depending on your situation
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Blueface are fantastic, everyone I tell about it are very impressd, set it up for another man just yesterday, he's delighted too. I think everyone with broadband should try them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Thanks for all the info folks...I'm going to give them a try so it looks like my days of throwing cash to the muppets in eircom are numbered.

sweet as a nut.

Advertisement