Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets needed for Old Trafford - At home to Chelsea !!

• 01-09-2005 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to organise my stag weekend which is to Manchester. Were hoping to go to a game and United are at home to Chelsea on the weekend of the stag. I know it's going to be next to impossible to get tickets but has anyone any suggestions. Were not prepared to pay £200stg as some websites are charging but maybe we could get tickets from the touts before the game? Would anyone think touts would be selling tickets for this game and if so how much? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Howdy!

Best place for tickets would be on match day, you should try in a Pub called "The Bishop's Blaze" which is just at the top of Sir Matt Busby way.

Another place i would try is the "Railway Club" (usually full of irish) which is further down Chester Road about 10 min walk from OT.

How many tickets are you hoping to get???
    For a game like that tickets will probably be few and far between, but try those places before going to the touts outside the ground.

Honestly would not know ho much you would have to pay.......sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Just in case you didn't know and it effects your travelling plans, the match has been switched to 4pm on the Sunday for Sky.

Would imagine touts will be out in force that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It will be an uber tout day.
    I would recommend to sign up as a match member and Man Utd.com, and try apply for tickets that way.
    If you mange to get tickets, wheel and deal 2 really good tickets for 5 or whatever you want bad tickets :/

You really couldn't pick a worse game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks guys. will be sure to check out those pubs mentioned. There will be 3 of us looking to go to the match. Max we will pay is £100. Hopefully we will get tickets. Don't think there will be any point in trying from the club as this will probably be the biggest game of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Best thing to do is wait until the match is just about to begin and if the touts have tickets left which they usually have 1 or 2 you'll get them cheaper,not cost price but not too much over ;)

PS-Touts are cun*s thank God there's no touts @ Celtic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

jonny68 wrote:
    Best thing to do is wait until the match is just about to begin and if the touts have tickets left which they usually have 1 or 2 you'll get them cheaper,not cost price but not too much over ;)

PS-Touts are cun*s thank God there's no touts @ Celtic ;)

I don't think the Masked One would be suitably impressed if he found out what Abbey Travel charge for Old Firm trips. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

daveg wrote:
    Thanks guys. will be sure to check out those pubs mentioned. There will be 3 of us looking to go to the match. Max we will pay is £100. Hopefully we will get tickets. Don't think there will be any point in trying from the club as this will probably be the biggest game of the season.

I honestly wouldnt hold out too much hope. We went over to the first game of the season last year (Bolton) and were looking to buy tickets outside. We were charged £125 sterling for one. We got lucky then and overheard a guy on a phone bemoaning the fact his mate couldnt make the game and we offered to take the ticket off him. He sold it to us for £40.

Have since joined Utd as a match member and can pretty much get tickets for any home game now but Chelsea game will be nigh on impossible methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I don't think the Masked One would be suitably impressed if he found out what Abbey Travel charge for Old Firm trips.

Touts in another form that's all.
    The price they charge is a disgrace but with all the "prawn sandwich" supporters, they sell them out no problems.
    Mate of mine is a member of the Utd supporters club here.
    Went to a match a while ago, flight (when they used to fly to games), transfer and match ticket .
    He got talking to a bloke sitting in the seat beside him who told him he had booked with a Travel agents in Dublin (can't remember which one) and he got flight, trasfer and match ticket. It was nearly the same plane, same tickets and it cost him 125 Euro more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

if ya have not already booked ur flights and all you could always do a package deal with one of the companys i know whartons are doin a weekend trip to manchester for 449 per person ya just pay it weekly i went with them a few times last year it aint that bad.
    From my experiences trying to get tickets from a tout at OT is horrible thats why i joined the supporters club this year and already have tkts for the big games this season.
    http://www.whartontravel.com/tourdetails.php?tid=c45147dee729311ef5b5c3003946c48f
    thats the link for the chelsea game

Advertisement