Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem sending data in XSL code

Options
  • 01-09-2005 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I have three pages .asp with some .xsl

on my first page I do

<a href='./userreg.asp?sComingFrom=RR">here</a>

on the second page I do

sComingFrom = GetTextFromRequest("sComingFrom") 'a homemade function - it works fine
    response.write "sComingFrom is " & sComingFrom & "<Br>"

(this all works fine - it says sComingFrom is RR

Now on this second page I have to edit the XSL

I have a form and I want to send the sComingFrom value in it.

I try this

<form name="navForm" action="userreg.asp?form=ap-login&sComingFrom=<%=sComingFrom%>;" method="post"
    onsubmit="javascript:return jsValidateAPLogin();" AUTOCOMPLETE="OFF">

but it says

ErrorCode: -1072896762 File: 18101 Code: file:///C:/code/rt/Web/InReg/xsl/user_reg/user_reg.xsl Line: 531 LinePos: 80 Reason: The character '<' cannot be used in an attribute value. Source: <form name="navForm" action="userreg.asp?form=ap-login&sComingFrom=;" method="post"

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

you need something like this
    <form name="navForm" action="userreg.asp?form=ap-login&sComingFrom=" + '<%=sComingFrom%>' +";" method="post"
    onsubmit="javascript:return jsValidateAPLogin();" AUTOCOMPLETE="OFF">

but this mixing server side script with client side script which isn't always a nice thing to do but it should work
    give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Thanks for the help!

Tried that but ...

ErrorCode: -1072896764 File: 18743 Code: file:///C:/code/xsl/user_reg/user_reg.xsl Line: 546 LinePos: 83 Reason: A name was started with an invalid character. Source: <form name="navForm" action="userreg.asp?form=ap-login&sComingFrom=" + '' +";" method="post"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

are you generating the page using an xsl style sheet ?
    can you post the 3 pages ?

Advertisement