Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea at anfield

• 01-09-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I want to bring my boyfriend to anfield for Liverpool v Chelsea for his birthday and i'm wondrin does anyone know any travel agents that do good deals or if its cheaper to just get everything separate? have a friend who has a fancard and will get me the tickets but does it have names written on the tickets coz he's not comming with us.
    help me please, i don't have a clue!!
    laura

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

i dont know the exact situation in anfield but if your friend can get you tickets it wil be a lot cheaper than getting them through an agent, they are very unlikely to check names on tickets against id , so book your flights yourself and you'll save a lot of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Thank you. Do you know any nice hotels tto stay in in liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thank you. Do you know any nice hotels tto stay in in liverpool?
    The feathers is a good hotel. do a google and call them..only thing is the hotels try to get 2 nights instead of one for match weekend. are you planning on 2 nights?

They don't check names on tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ive booked flights and hotels for this game for me and 3 others but have yet to gettickets. I'm stayign in the Ibis hotel but I tried to book for another person on that weekend and they said they are booked out.

Not meaning to steal your thread but if anyone has any access to tickets it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Definitely cheaper if you get things seperate - just make sure your friend can actually get the match tickets. Chelsea will be a priority match and sometimes they add in rules where you have to have ticket stubs from 2 or 3 previous matches to be allowed buy the tickets.

It shouldn't matter about names on tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Yea he's getting us tickets. its the european cup match so i have to book the accomodation today or tomorrow. cheers for all your help. much appreciated!! and those who are going to anfield have fun!
    laura

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Laura,
    Check out my site for all the info you need,over 300 Irish Liverpool fans use it and they will be able to help you out.We have a database of hotels and loads more info.

Here is the link.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/LFC_Irish_fans/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I want to bring my boyfriend to anfield for Liverpool v Chelsea for his birthday and i'm wondrin does anyone know any travel agents that do good deals or if its cheaper to just get everything separate? have a friend who has a fancard and will get me the tickets but does it have names written on the tickets coz he's not comming with us.
    help me please, i don't have a clue!!
    laura

if you go through an agency, you're going to be looking at close to 2k between flights tickets/accomidation spending etc.

the names on the tickets don't matter.

the cheapest way to do is it book your own flights, buy your tickets seperate and fly back the same night

it's an exspensive buisness, especially for such a big game

Do any of the tour agencies/travel agents sell the tickets seperately. I'm looking for tickets for teh league game on the sunday.

Dub13 wrote:
    Laura,
    Check out my site for all the info you need,over 300 Irish Liverpool fans use it and they will be able to help you out.We have a database of hotels and loads more info.

Here is the link.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/LFC_Irish_fans/

Hey dub, it still wont let me pos anythinng, i emailed yahoo and they said they sorted it, but no joy. Any chance of you staring an appeal on my behalf for tickets fo rthe league game on the sunday? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

ntlbell wrote:
    if you go through an agency, you're going to be looking at close to 2k between flights tickets/accomidation spending etc.

What are you talking about lad ?

There is absolutley no way that you will pay anything close to 2k for the trip. I go to all home games and used to travel to them with tours, they are a little bit more expensive but it does save you the hassle of booking tickets, flights and hotels. Best of luck anyway.

BTW for the european games there is no priority yet, is only built up over this season so as it is the first home game, it should be quite easy to get tickets, I have got mine already and am looking forward to it. The priority is built up based on purchases and is stored up on your fancard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PLace on Dame street is your best bet for the 1st game over, it is legal touting but as posted its hassle free, everything is booked and its not 2k. About €469 for 2 nights 299 for one night.

As you going together one night is best but if he was single, irish and in liverpool 2 nights is perfect :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Stekelly wrote:
    Do any of the tour agencies/travel agents sell the tickets seperately. I'm looking for tickets for teh league game on the sunday.

Abbey Travel might be able to give you a "couple of phone numbers" if you phoned them, it would be worth a try anyway.

I'm well chuffed today. Just go toff the phone with a guy from LFC and now have 4 tickets at the fron of the Kop for the CHelsea game on 2nd Oct.

Have to say, despite me freaking out about the possibility of not getting tickets, they are a joy to deal with. I got through at aroound 8:40 this morning, spoke to a very helpfull lady who explained the system was down. She took my details and said she'd ring back. Low and behold she actually did. This was a new feeling for me, doesnt usually happen, more often than not a "we'll ring you back" is the end of the line when you ringa company. So a guy rang me back a while later and explained that things were hectic and he was ringing from a fax and could he confirm how many I wanted and he'd call me back from his office.

He said he probably couldnt get 4 together, so i said grand, I want to see the game one way or another. I was late for work at hat stage so I asked could he ring me back in work. A while later he rang and said that he had 4 together for me and that they were at the fron tof the Kop. Needless to say I'm as happy as that Larry bloke. All hail the staff at LFC.

I couldnt find my own thread I had so I stuck this here. Appologies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

some praise for the LFC ticket office....that is a first.

What are you talking about lad ?

There is absolutley no way that you will pay anything close to 2k for the trip. I go to all home games and used to travel to them with tours, they are a little bit more expensive but it does save you the hassle of booking tickets, flights and hotels. Best of luck anyway.

Easy for two people, abbey/travel etc for the 2 nights, is just over 600e PPS for big games, chelsea/united/arsenal etc

so there's 1200, now two nights drinking 200STG if you decide to go clubbing etc add another 100 = 300STG in total that's just your gargle money.

300 stg is about 450e so there's 1650 for two people. this is before buying food during the day or any other activites you want to do on a two nighter.

so if you go through an angency for a two night stay you could easily do a grand each over two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Why bother going to a football match if you're budgeting €400 on beer money per person for 2 nights?

p.pete wrote:
    Why bother going to a football match if you're budgeting €400 on beer money per person for 2 nights?

I'm not budgeting anything, it's the guys birthday and he wants to see the game? so i assume they'll want to go out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dub13 wrote:
    some praise for the LFC ticket office....that is a first.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I think the problem is the way the deal with locals - which is bang out of order really. As a foriegn fan they're almost falling over themselves to help you because they think we're more likely to go on the museum and stadium tours and spend in the club shop. Several times I've rang up on spec looking for tickets for a game that hasn't gone on sale yet or is open only to those who have been to previous Champions League games, and I've been able to get tickets because (I suspect) I'm Irish.

Advertisement