Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun on the M1 yesterday evening!!!

• 01-09-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Did anyone else here get caught up on the traffic yesterday near the Balbriggan slip road. Can someone explain why do they decide at rush hour to erect a barrier??? Got home nearly an hour late (was fuming) Then to top it off the tail back at the tolls just put the icing on the cake!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Yip ,got nailed in the traffic too myself, absolute nightmare

Half way home to drogheda, seen the tail back of traffic, tried to be sneaky and divert through Balbriggan, traffic mental their too, took a side road to gormanstown, joined back up on the motorway ,tried to get though julianstown then
    bit of a nightmare cross country journey but finally managed to get in my front door in drogheda 40 minutes later than normal

Like u ,in foul form for the evening than
    Yes indeed only Ireland would delay rush hour traffic with some clever brain deciding to reduce the motorway to 1 lane

fingers crossed for 2 nite !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Probably be the same tonight. :( However it did bring me back to a few years ago when this was the usual daily trip to Drogheda so be thankful for the odd delay here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Yep, i went balbriggan way too thinking it would have been quicker and went back on the motorway at gormanstown. Felt like going back in time going through Balbriggan on the old road. The main hold up in Balbriggan was the traffic lights at the Garda Station after that it cleared a bit until i reached Gormanstown. I heard that a Garda car went up the motorway and got them to open it again because of the huge tailback. They must not be allowed to finish the work as i didnt see them yesterday or today on the motorway!! happy days!!

Advertisement