Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on getting Broadband in Finglas

• 01-09-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I have recently bought an apartment in a New Development on St.Margaret's Road near Finglas in Dublin. After waiting for about 2 months we finally got a phone lin installed. I then contacted Eircom to test the line for broadband suitability and I was told that it was not ready yet. When I asked when it would be, I couldn't get an answer from them as they did not know!!! I also called NTL and they are currently not set-up in our area (even though I have NTL Digital) - they also were not able to give me a date when it would be available.

I have some questions

1) Is there anywhere that I can get some information on when Eircom will be broadband ready and likewise for NTL. Their sales people are just clueless.

2) Am I correct to assume that if the lines that Eircom use for broadband that other phone-line providers such as BT, UTV, Smart etc will also not work.

3) I am thinking of the possibility of going with the wireless option. However as I live in an apartment block we can't attach anything to the external of our building. Do all of the wireless providers require an antenna (or something similar) to be mounted on the external of your residence?

Thanks in advance for any help

Frank

Advertisement