Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores in Balbriggan

Options
  • 01-09-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know when Dunnes Stores are opening in Balbriggan?

Thanks, Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Well it's only half built, so I'd say just before xmas at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

samc1 wrote:

Thanks, Sam

My wife works for Dunnes > been told in 7 weeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 spooky2005

I heard it should open at some stage before xmas .
    but to be honnest with you I'm not really looking
    forward to it as I heard lots of rumours saying that this
    place around the new Dunnes store will be the next "The Square"
    like the one in Tallaght !!
    Anyway ..what will be ..will be !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Where's this new Dunnes going to be - at St George's Square beside the Bracken court hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's going to be in the area that many Balbriggan people will know as 'Hell'. Namely in the north-west of the town (Flemington).

The development on the square is an extension to the hotel, new civic offices and public rooms to replace the town hall that was previously there, and also an extension to the library. A shared public/private car park and a few appartments will also be there.

Oh and the Pop-In will reopen there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

samc1 wrote:

Thanks, Sam

The official opening date is 22 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

So Dunnes is going to be up Flemington Lane somewhere?

Good to hear the Pop-In's returning.

It's going to be on Hamlet Lane - that the lane where O'Dwyers GAA is now (even thought that'll be moving soon enough). If you go up that lane and continue up through all the maze of hellish houses (1 km or so) you'll eventually come to a building site - hey presto, thats where it is.

Looks far from complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I went up one night looking for it, but got lost in those housing estates, though in fairness it was around 2am when i went looking for it (dont ask)

the Pop-In's returning, about bloody time, how long have we suffered the wrath of the Deli Burger (can't believe I worked there), its about time

d-arke wrote:
    the Pop-In's returning, about bloody time, how long have we suffered the wrath of the Deli Burger (can't believe I worked there), its about time

Deli Burger owners == Pop In owners.

• Advertisement

sure i know the owners of deli burger and pop in are the same, i worked for them. the difference being that the pop-in had fresh cut chips rather than the frozen crap, though they have improved over the last year. or maybe we've just forgotten how good the pop in was, or maybe ive just been too drunk too noticed, cause in fairness, no way would i get something out of the deli if sober

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

d-arke wrote:
    sure i know the owners of deli burger and pop in are the same, i worked for them. the difference being that the pop-in had fresh cut chips rather than the frozen crap, though they have improved over the last year. or maybe we've just forgotten how good the pop in was, or maybe ive just been too drunk too noticed, cause in fairness, no way would i get something out of the deli if sober

Anyone know a decent take away in Balbriggan ? :confused:
    Deli burger isn't the best i've tasted :mad:

curieux2 wrote:
    Anyone know a decent take away in Balbriggan ? :confused:
    Deli burger isn't the best i've tasted :mad:

What type of cusine?

go to http://www.takeawayfood.ie, it lists the available take aways and some most of their menu's. very easy to use

Just thought I'd bump this.

Dunne Stores will be open tomorrow.

To further add, from today the Dunne Stores will be open until 10pm Mon - Fri and until 8pm Sat - Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Bluetonic wrote:
    Just thought I'd bump this.

Dunne Stores will be open tomorrow.

oh,oh,oh - I told you so! :D

Borzoi wrote:
    oh,oh,oh - I told you so! :D

Well done, well done, well done :p

Took a look in it yesterday, looks grand, not the biggest but not the smallest. They have an off licence etc..,

Very little parking, maybe space for around 50 cars.

Looks like the area where the shops are etc.., is going to be a great place for kids to 'hang'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Bluetonic wrote:
    Oh and the Pop-In will reopen there too.

More killings on the square so, saturday figh night, used to love sitting on the benches watching the mayhem unfold as the pop in filled up after the pubs!!

Dunnes is Ok too, not really that cheap though.... although sv and tesco have started putting on some good offers to stop dunnes taking over, good news all around, bit a competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bluetonic wrote:
    Deli Burger owners == Pop In owners.

Yes but Deli Burger =/= Pop In chips :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement