Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cricket in maynooth

Options
  • 01-09-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hey im going to maynooth this year and i dont think there is a cricket club is there anyone out there who wants to play? i really want to play intervarsity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ive been there for 3 years and there is no cricket club, i dunno if id play but if u can get more people it would turn out good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Warney

you think? how would tou go about setting it up? how many people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

have it mixed! i'd definitely join, sounds different!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

need atleast 12 [ 6 a side]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

cricket confuses me too much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

best of luck with this one... i look forward to seeing ye in ye're all white emsembles and breaking for tea and crumpets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

lol :D

nothing wrong with tea and crumpets although i am more of a scone man myself. Dont worry about the rules i always asked my father to explain it but i didnt understand then i watched a match and i was hooked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Cricket is a poor man's rounders ;)

Cricket is a poor man's rounders ;)

Do you have any idea how much it actually costs to play? Not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Warney wrote:
    Do you have any idea how much it actually costs to play? Not cheap.

Haven't the foggiest. Out of curiosity, what aspect of it is expensive exactly? Is it the equipment or competition entrance fees or field rental or combination of all? Cricket never struck me before as being particularly expensive to play.

Equipment. A bat is 40+ gloves and leg guards about 70+ and a helmet im not sure a ball is 10 and you need at least two a match

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Warney wrote:
    Equipment. A bat is 40+ gloves and leg guards about 70+ and a helmet im not sure a ball is 10 and you need at least two a match

so cricket is a rich man's rounders? damn it must be a great game so if the equipment is that costly - what have i been missing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Cricket? Oh how faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!!

Advertisement