Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 hardware

• 01-09-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Since all the PSP fanboys are over in the Playstation forum waffling about their new Sony gameboy thingy's, I thought I'd try and strike up a bit of a discussion over the the XB360's hardware.

this 3 core processor ,can someone explain how this works. They are saying that it runs at 3.6ghz. Is that 3 seperate cpu's or just one ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭freer

the xbox 360 will have three 3.2GHz processors and the will all run seperatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

anyone know what games are going to be out on launch time of the console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Some of the below titles may be US or JAP only launch titles.

Amped 3 (2K Games)

Call of Duty 2 (Activision)

Condemned (Sega)

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)

Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)

Full Auto (Sega)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)

Gun (Activision)

Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)

Madden NFL 06 (EA)

NBA 2K6 (2K Games)

NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

The Outfit (THQ)

Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)

Quake 4 (Activision)

Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)

Saints Row (THQ)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Cheers job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

The 3 processors are independent and clever programming on the part of the game designers will utilise all three contigously which should, in theory, make games run faster, more responsive, quicker loading times, achieve more complex visual effects and the xbox should be more secure in terms of not crashing freezing... theoretically... Well regardless of all that, I can't wait until it's out after my huge disappointment with the PSP and it's dead pixel issue (I've had two through my hands, both with at least 10 dead pixels, all my mates who have a PSP all have at least three dead pixels... this goes beyond shoddy workmanship). Come on Microsoft, restore my faith!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Laguna wrote:
    The 3 processors are independent and clever programming on the part of the game designers will utilise all three contigously which should, in theory, make games run faster, more responsive, quicker loading times, achieve more complex visual effects and the xbox should be more secure in terms of not crashing freezing... theoretically... Well regardless of all that, I can't wait until it's out after my huge disappointment with the PSP and it's dead pixel issue (I've had two through my hands, both with at least 10 dead pixels, all my mates who have a PSP all have at least three dead pixels... this goes beyond shoddy workmanship). Come on Microsoft, restore my faith!

ah well, you have nobody to blame but yourself, what do you expect buying a Sony games console. Tsk Tsk, some people will never learn.
    Everyone know's that Uncle Bill always delivers the goods.

This post was brought to you by Novell Suse 9.3 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Uncle Bill!!...oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Bruce Fan

What about the graphics card?
    How does it compare with todays top-end PCs and the PS3 ??

Advertisement