Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS shoulder button problem

Options
  • 01-09-2005 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Have my Ds since it came out and recently i took it out of my backpack and the right shoulder button has been very reluctant to work, i used some compressed air to see if i could clear any debris, like sand or something, that might have been blocking it but that didnt work.

The only option is to send it back to Nintendo or else to open it up and try and fix it. I think my warrenty is out of date. Does anyone know how long the warrenty is? Anyone have any way of solving this other than my two options above?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Do you still have the receipt? You could try bringing it back to the shop and see if they'll swap it.

I must admit I'm not overly impressed with the build quality of the DS, I had to replace mine twice in the first couple of days due to dead or stuck pixels on the top screen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Warrenty is a year and the DS isn't out anywhere in the world for a year yet :)

If its somthing you did then the warrenty may not cover it... Id suggest getting a case for it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Nintendo generally have excellent Customer service (once things actually come out that is). I got my Gamecube repaired for free when it stopped reading disks and it was out of warranty.

You lose nothing by ringing them and finding out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Excellent! Ill give nintendo customer care a ring then so, fingers crossed they will replace it for free for me cause im a poor student :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sound_wave wrote:
    Excellent! Ill give nintendo customer care a ring then so, fingers crossed they will replace it for free for me cause im a poor student :D

well, it has to be within it's warrent, anyway. So they can't argue that!
    The reason shops wont take it back without a reciept is because you may not have bought it there.
    I replaced my DS too, the touch screen was dipping a little in one corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I didnt buy it from a shop i was one of those who got it off the Nintendo Europe site early with the stars deal. Im sure a nintendo customer representitive will make it all clear to me once i tell them my problem!

Advertisement