Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mark iv Golf Gti alarm, flicky key

Options
  • 01-09-2005 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the definite answer on replacing theses keys. I dont have the on board computer etc on mine and bought it with one key but am fed up locking unlocking with the key. :)

Apparently some have it and some dont, it has central locking.

Alternatively if I cant get the key, good alarms with auto closure, maybe remote start and fitted please? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Derek Burdock (Automotive Security) should be able to set you straight - apart from anything else he drives a Mark IV Gti himself. He's in the golden pages, but I've also pm'ed you his details - rather than put his number up on the forum.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

thats great paddy thanks a million, I will give him a bell and let you know how I got on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hi gabgab.

I had a Mk IV Golf 1.4.
    I ordered it with the Technical Pack which is the computer and the VW alarm. (flick key).

Not to sure about the GTI but if it doesn't have the computer it doesn't have the alarm/flick key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Cool it does'nt have the pack so its alarm time now, thanks a million!!

Advertisement