Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gathering Game - Slice Of Genius Or The Babblings Of A Demented Git?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

genius wrote:
    Yugi: Wrong, Antagonist, with this, The One Monster Out Of A Deck That Seems To Have More Than The Legal Tournament Number Of Cards That Can Counter His Convoluted Strategy That's Making My Strategies Worthless And Even Stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode From Kicking My Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode, I counter your convoluted strategy and stop your monster from kicking my ass for the remainder of the episode!

Antagonist: NO! Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode!!!!

that link is brilliant thank you,i just saw every yugi episode ever there...but you ruined the climactic last episode for me!! ^^

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Right - I'm going to Biki'nate a few theories for two seperate Gathering Card games (Asuming I had an official deck and card values).

FlameWar and Boarker (Boards Poker)

Details to be posted later.
    (Copied from Gathering Forum thread)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

First general theory BIKINATED.

Check out http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Gathering_Game:_FlameWar for a one of the possible card games!

Second general theory BIKINATED.

Check out http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Gathering_Game:_Boarker for another possible card game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Heh, I like the Boarker idea. :)

The Flamewar game looks good. Sounds like the rules are pretty straightforward (And simplicity in a card game is a Good Thing). The "keyword" cards just need some specifics like what cards they can counter, what threads they can be played on, and the like, and that'll be all the framework you really need for designing as many cards as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Stop the lights, we're reinventing the wheel on IRC as I type...

I have to say it - MAJD has just given an unfathomably(sp) amazing aspect to a possible Gathering Card Game (A massive thanks to you, DEAR biggrin.gif), although it would require the attention of the Admins and some feedback from everyone else - But it has to be said - The idea that's currently being bashed around in mIRC is simply brilliant!

Theory to be placed either here or on the Biki as soon as possible by either myself or Majd!

OK - We've banged heads and created a skeleton layout to what looks like a SERIOUSLY intriguing Gathering Card Game concept - One that would be played right here on Boards rather than actually using a deck in person or playing as a PC game...

Details to be posted after a bit more smacking from Majd.
    However, I will be rendering all 97 cards supplied by the Biki, and any other cards supplied by the Boards.ie Site Map, into categories, and once these are done, they will ALL be edited to follow a colour co-ordinated theme, as well as having all explanation text edited into the same format, thus making them all user friendly. 'NONE OF THE TEXT CONTENT ON THE CARDS WILL BE ALTERED' - Just the Format, Size and Font, so don't panic.

Once this is done, we'll post out some details as to why this is being done.

That aside, BlitzKrieg has posted a most interesting theory on my Gathering: FlameWar game idea Here.

I'll be responding to it shortly.

Having said that, it seems that with a bit of effort we can have both a Gathering Game played here as well as unknown variations with an actual printed Deck - More information on them all very soon!

Also, I've given the rules page for the upcoming Gathering: FlameWar game a smack down here, as well as taken part in an insightful look into the game (Along with testing and ideas, thanks to BlitzKrieg) Here on the discussion page.

Give them a look!
    It's turning out brilliantly, and once the cards have been colour co-ordinated and properly categorised, I think I'll be getting them printed out so that appropriate testing can commence biggrin.gif

Might even have it up and running for the next drinks if anyone is up for placing some bets on a new card game wink.gifbiggrin.gif

fair play to you ropedrink!seems like a smashing idea.

• Advertisement

BliztKrieg has been doing some testing with normal cards - Maybe easier to do if simple drafts were written out, or If I could print out a simple starter deck but I'm completely washed out with work I have to do.

I've currently Re-Edited 12*Clicked, Amp's Moment Of Clarity, Amp Test, Ban Castor Troy, RopeDrink's Amazing Rant and am working on the rest...

That's five out of one hundred done - Quite a while before I get the deck complete, and they'll all still need more re-editing so I can get value symbols and the likes thrown onto them, so it'll take some time but I'm getting there.

Currently re-edited at least one card per Gathering RPG category.

OldSkool: Example
    Poster: Example
    Mediator: Example
    Flamer: Example
    Troller: Example
    Ranter:Example
    Joker: Example
    Muppet: Example

Colour co-ordinated to each class (Not officially - Some I find a bit sore on the eyes, so I'll leave it to the current team (lol) / poster feedback wether colours stay). I'll work on the other hundred once I get them categorised. I think the new layout is a lot neater, especially seeing as the main problem with new cards is that some of them are made in different word formats to the original, which greatly annoys me, so all cards will be moulded into the same font type and size to make things easier.

Currently in talks as to wether the Mods and Admins can play said roles as an actual class, but we're veering towards a no. Future ideas to be posted.

Anyway, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

have i won yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pff no, esp as I don't have a card yet :p

Advertisement