Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a bike about 3 months ago...

Options
  • 01-09-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

From Halfords in Blanchardstown. Had no problems so far till i was cycling to work and my pedal came off. So brought it back to the shop which they put back on no problem i asked had they a tool i could buy so i could do it myself in future if it happened again (as the area where it came off is hard to put back on) they said no and just bring it in.

On the way home from the shop i notice the pedal starting to wobble again.
    I don't want to have to go back to the shop again with it and was wondering does anyone know where you can get these tools so to tighten the pedal and the bar back onto bike ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

You've been sold a pup.

Go back to Halfords and shout at them until they fix it.

If the pedal comes off that easily 2nd time around, they may have stripped the threads on the crank or something when trying to repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

If its a MTB style bike I think all you need is a 15mm spanner. Just wander into any old hardware store and pick yourself up one.
    But it does sound like the threads are gone, so march in and get a new pedal put on. It should still be under warranty if only 3 months old.
    Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks everyone. I will bring it back tomorrow and see what happens.

Advertisement