Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Domains $1.99

Options
  • 01-09-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

For a limited time Yahoo domains are offering domains for $1.99. I've heard a couple of good reports about their service but I don't really know what it is like.

It is very cheap though, four domains for the price of one, off to grab a few domains while the offer is still up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Whats the standard price per annum for the domains once the offer has expired ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hehe
    I just got www.ieatkidsontoast.com :D
    The offer only runs till 12 today though

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Standard price seems to be $9.95. According to their site (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains) it says "save 80% per year for up to 5 years". Does this mean that next year it will be $1.99 or does it mean that the normal price of $9.95 is already reduced by 80%?

Incidentally, when you sign up for the domain it also says...
    1Waived setup fee Offer is open to new Web Hosting customers only. Limit one offer per customer, and one use per customer on a single account. Domains price Offer is open to new Domains customers only. Limit one offer per customer, and one use per customer on a single account. Offer expires on September 02, 2005 at 11:59 PST and is available only through Yahoo! Small Business. Offers may not be combined with any other offers or discounts, separated, redeemed for cash, or transferred. Other terms and conditions apply; see the Yahoo! Small Business Terms of Service when you sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

I'm still getting a price of $1.99 per domain on their site. Yes their standard price is $9.95.

I'd heard that they were only allowing one domain per user. However, I registered about 15 domains yesterday evening, not bad for $30. Hopefully they will not charge me any extras for them.

I got a call this morning, from the efficient people at AIB Visa checking the security of so many small payments to Yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Bear in mind that you may get locked into using their hosting, or similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement