Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood on the streets of Cork

Options
  • 01-09-2005 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I was in town earlier (about 6ish) and was parked (illegally) outside roaches. The fire brigade came roaring up the street and stopped outside easons... I thought, feck, it's on fire... so I whipped out my camera and this is what was going on... anyone know what happened? there were no Gardaí around... just the fire engine...

http://www.windpoweredireland.com/temp/blood-on-the-streets.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

freaky... maybe there was a gang war there 10 minutes previous?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How do you know it was blood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

Good point. It looked like blood to me... There was a lot of it...

What else could it be? I don't think it was oil cos it washed away easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Woah, that's odd.

Ribena spillage. That non-toothkind stuff'd burn it's way through anything, hence the firemen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

thermite flavoured ribena?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

There's probably a post about it on PeoplesRepublicofWaa's

Blood outside easons LIKE. Daycent. Jammy. Gammy. Feen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sunday morning, there was a heap of blood on the passenger side front door of our car! Charming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well easons sells biro's yeah?
    maybe, just maybe someone was making a delivery of RED pens , slipped (on a banana skin or something) and all the biro's smashed to the ground and then one of those street sweepers came and ran over it, thinking it would clear it up but it just burst all the ink out onto the street!

yeah , i think thats what happened.
    or else there was a fight or something....

i'm gonna go with my first idea though.

Did you take a photo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

Yeah, I saw a chugger collecting money right outside Eason's doors yesterday. A good-looking Eastern European-type-guy. And people were lining up to put money in his can, which was very funny to watch. But he was right in your face as you came out of Easons. Maybe someone took exception to that.

It wasn't me; I was well out of town by then.

boardy wrote:
    It wasn't me; I was well out of town by then.

are u sure?

can u tell us your whereabouts at the time of this bloody ordeal?

errr ..... I was heading to the cleaners at the time of this incident. (I slipped on some red biros outside of Easons and spilled the bottle of ribena that I was carrying on my clothes).

gotcha!

people we have the culprit!

caught him - red handed..

"Red handed". Of course it was "red". I just slipped on the red biros and in order to block my fall, I held my hand out, and it got covered in the red stuff.

yeah yeah,

likely excuse, can u prove it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Get a room kids.

damien.m wrote:
    Get a room kids.

sorry?

since when did this place become so serious? huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i reckon its the Ooze from ghostbusters 2...

so shortly the father matthew and echo boy statues will be coming to life to fight an evil painting from the crawford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

did ya ever hear the term blood turns orange when you wash it..... not blood far too red and if it is blood then someone's dead and authorities are covering up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

ok... who stole my 10 gallon drum of ketchup.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

One of the guys I'm living with said he walked past shortly before six o'clock on the day and saw some old lady lying in a heap on the floor outside Easons. The weird thing about this is that there seems to have been no mention of it in the news anywhere if something did happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tomthevet

Certainly something did happen - given the amount of blood - it was all the way to the junction by the music shop going north from easons difficult to believe it was from one person. - I was amazed that nobody here has an idea what happened - or that there was no account in the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

let me clarify what happened:

an old lady outside easons suffered an apparent ruptured ulcer on/in her leg, the security guard from easons went to her aid and called an ambulance,the security guard tied her leg with his tie to stop the blood and stayed with her until the ambulance came,an aggressive drunken american was there harassing the crowd and the old lady but the security guard saw him off and the cops arrested him.

how do i know all this,well at 20 past six i met my friend 20 minutes late after he finished work, i enquired as to why he was late and he told me this story for he is the easons security guard! next time you are in there and see a tall blonde security guard by the door go up and congratulate him for he is a hero.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

And suddenly it makes sense. Still seemed like a lot of blood, but would explain the presence of the cops and the apparent lack of newsworthiness of what happened.

What was the yank playing at I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

indeed there was a lot of blood,said old lady nearly passed out apparently, my mates shirt was thrown away,as for the drunken yank, the gist of his drunken argument was "why wasnt anyone helping, in the states we help"etc,he got aggressive,more to do with excessive alcohol consumption then any great compassion i'd imagine, he got testy with security guard after the ambulance left and was then carted off in cop car.

Fair dues to the Security Guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Absolutely, well done him

• Advertisement

Excellent. So the mystery is solved!

That lad from easons surely should have gotten a mention in the paper...

Advertisement