Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what provider are you with

• 01-09-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

what provider are you with

what provider 201 votes

eircom
    0%
    smart
    26%
    YakuzaBluehairCloverbyteDasilva94-oRnein9-oisinjonskiKoNiTnetwhizkidNick_oliveriaidan_walshgod's toylazygitStickyMcGintyCyberGhosthopefulslave1rainbow kirbytba 53 votes
    esat
    9%
    toilLoBoMountjoy Muggersteve-hosting36JNiveMrBscaryedantokaizersozereplytohere2004sleurlardboyJJDohertychorus techyGarfieldConnollpizzahead77Kinetic^The Gnomearikv 19 votes
    ibb
    27%
    StokolanKrusty_ClownEyeluketheoneChongChad ghostalLafortezzajor elNyum NyumOfflerCrocGodparasiteVillainSarnTimTimStickyMcGintyZaphporgreglo23Davey DevilSarsfield 56 votes
    digiweb
    18%
    CuLTTomTomspooky donkeybanquoJilmJohnDigitalDr4gul4Red Alertfeylyasionnachjesus_thats_greMutant_Fruitmr_angryneilmedunonBigMooserichardoPowerHouseDanShinyUndercoverguy 37 votes
    itv
    9%
    deckie27crawlerfeylyaChazgarladZeRoYmr_angrygirldefkaizersozeKoji the frogGoshriceyspartacus93Hotblack DesiatoSponge Bobbounty_hunterRollo TamasibullfrogHenry42 19 votes
    leap
    6%
    PiE_Kaiser_stiofanDniallbdarkmaster2MarVeLEKRIUQleahcimnewgrangekaizersozeDinnerWandering DazedBOHSBOHScuriosity 14 votes
    stremcom
    0%
    kaizersoze 1 vote
    ntl
    0%
    kaizersozeshamage 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

What about icecomms?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

smart
    After BT messing me about for a few weeks, I begrudgingly went to Eircom and am now using Business Starter package, as it was the best they had on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

ibb
    I note with interest that one poster is signed up with all of the above. That's a lot of broadband! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

esat
    I'm with eircom but when i get my new place I'm going with smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ibb
    Esat BT and ClearWire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

smart
    Uber Eircom for teh win. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

smart
    with eircom atm. would like to go with clearwire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

leap
    Presume ITV is UTV?
    I've been with them since they were DNA, though in recent months their abysmal attitude to customers stretched my loyalty. I decided in the end to stay with them and went to the Plus service, though the silly cap issue is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

digiweb
    Sarsfield wrote:
    I note with interest that one poster is signed up with all of the above. That's a lot of broadband! :p
    And both his sign-in nicks are getting BB off smart telecom aswell! What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

digiweb
    I suprised Eircom is not higher up there I thought thats were most people were. Even though i know Eircom is a crappy company their BB is stable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I take it that this doesnt include dial up users?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I suprised Eircom is not higher up there I thought thats were most people were. Even though i know Eircom is a crappy company their BB is stable!

I take this as a reflection that users on boards are more informed users then your average user. You would find these figures very different if you did this survey on Grafton St, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

ibb
    bk wrote:
    I take this as a reflection that users on boards are more informed users then your average user. You would find these figures very different if you did this survey on Grafton St, etc.

Yeah, eircom's best weapon against competition appears to be ignorance.

"Well we have them for the phone....lets get them for the internet as well!!"

Broaband forum users on Boards.ie are far more well informed than Joe Soap and can see what bad value eircom actually are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ibb
    well also though a lot of people go with eircom because they dont have any other choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

1huge1 wrote:
    well also though a lot of people go with eircom because they dont have any other choice
    No, everyone with Eircom should also be able to get Netsource, UTV, BT etc. as they are required by regulation to allow reselling of their services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

itv
    I have 3 different connections in my house, one of which is Netsource which is not listed above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

esat
    I've been with Smart for about two months and it's a great service. I'd recommend anyone that can to choose them.

They particularly suited me since we didn't have a phone service before two months ago, so the the problem of having to change number was moot.

btw, I've no links with the company, just a happy customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ntl
    Sarsfield wrote:
    Don't know WTF happened there???? I selected BT only :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Im also on netsource, which isn't listed above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

ibb
    Esat BT now after changing from UTV.

Quite pleased with the service smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imagine

Why isn't imagine on the list, or indeed any of its subsiduries such as Netsuorce ! Discrimination I think !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

itv
    imagine wrote:
    Why isn't imagine on the list, or indeed any of its subsiduries such as Netsuorce ! Discrimination I think !

Nobody around here will use imagine until they publish clear t and cs on their website especially about the mandatory line rental at the full eircom rate , pretty simple innit .

The word is subsidiary and if you look on the Netsource site they do not acknowledge that they are owned by you shower ....and of course I hope they are not owned by you shower either !!!!

Take some paid advertising on Boards before you try to pimp yourselves again , you are becoming tiresome . :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

imagine wrote:

always on broadband thats not always on blah blah blah .......... think we are all fools!! great advertising Imagine !

this is a progressive broadband thread not regressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

ibb
    I have no problem with Garfield and his semi-pimping as without Smart we WOULD STILL all be on 512/128.

But Imag!ne is a totally different story especially as they also "offer" TIMED Broadband!!!

So Imag!ne come up with something good and not just a play around with prices before you start "da pimping"!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

smart
    Currently on Eircom but I am changing over to esatBT in less than a week as my contract is up and I can get 2mb instead of 1mb for the same price with a cap 3 times what I have now, as eircom never dropped prices for existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

On NTL 3MB and i aint movin. mops the floor compared to what the others have to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

I am with Cablesurf, 10Mbit/600kbit, it aint in the list but i'd say i am probably the only one on boards with it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

smart
    does anybody know if digiweb are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

ibb
    With BT BB+. Waiting on Smart for the €15 per month saving. Would like to keep current tel. no. though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

esat
    only a matter of time anayway and i'll be on smart :-)

Advertisement