Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veggie desserts!

Options
  • 01-09-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

hmmm. i thought we could add a few particularly vegetarian products here. i shall start with the all important vegetarian jelly! available in the health store in stillorgan for €1.39.... it's quite a find (thx viggi-tea!) the pack looks like this http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/sweet-ramus/IMG_3032.jpg.

yum!

saz

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

does it taste similar?
    and where are these vegan marshmellows you have talked about link!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i'm in search of them, i say! haven't seen them in ages, but i'll keep my eyes peeled....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i expect you to roam dublin looking for them,i need marshmellows! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Vegetarian chocolate orange mousse made silken tofu. Hmmm num num.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I have had a block of "Orient's Delight" Agar Agar (veggie jelly) sitting in the cupboard since the spring. This thread just reminded me of it! I suppose I'd make it the same way as regular jelly, yes? It looks kind of like crinkly styrofoam, and each block is about 20cm long. I got it in the Asian Food Market at the Jervis St. Luas stop, in case you're interested! Around a euro, IIRC. I just might make something with it this week.

• Advertisement

a block of agar agar, eh?! sounds weird... hmmm describe it some more, would you? i'm curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Veggie jelly is ok, its a bit wattery though, but worth trying. Also I am 95% certain that birds trifle boxes are veggie these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

vegan marshmellows - here you go: http://www.veganstore.co.uk/marshmallows.html

Enjoy :)

wow. well found!

i have to say, that raspberry jelly had an odd flavour to it... reminded me of rose petals for some reason. i'd suggest go for the strawberry flavour instead!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The crystal jelly in birds' trifle has been veggie for yonks.

well found on those marshmellows...they are elusive! :)

Advertisement