Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC courses?

Options
  • 01-09-2005 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Is there many people doing these? i failed maths so was my only option unless i wanted to repeat, which i didn't want to do at all!

I'm doin electronics in CTI waterford and i get to reapet my maths in the course as well which is handy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

what's cti? i went to a plc college (ringsend technical institute) and loved it. in uni now but preferred the friendliness of the plc college i was in. loads of people do plc courses, it's getting more and more popular all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i got business administration in cti, but dont know if i'll take it or not, gonna see if i get anything in the 2nd round

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

CTI is the Central Technical Institute, had an interview for the course yesterday so pretty happy with gettin the course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

I did a plc course in media and although it was enjoyable and I got great work experience from it, I found that it wasnt exactly highly regarded, in fact regarded at all. My choices were limited from it because of the nature of the particular course-it didnt offer progression to a university or IT here or in the uk. But a lot of plc course are great and Ive heard only good things about them.

with my course i can go on to an i.t otherwise i don't think i would have done it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mad4trad

PLC'S courses are always worth considering.I had applied for a media PLC the year I did my Leaving Cert.It really took the pressure off as the only requirements to get on the course was an honour in English,a gd stint of work-experience and ace the interview.
    There was no way i was going to repeat.Saying that my only regret was not filling out the UCAS form to get into a university in England.Doing the long way round I got my media degree in 4years when it could have only taken 3 years.

Also one of the perks of a PLC course is theres more holidays!So don't loose hope!Theres always a way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

i'm doing a plc course in killester college this year. after 4 years in university. nervous but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Ya i'm doing a plc in business administration and office skills. I'm really looking forward to getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

I did a plc course in Ballyfermot, Interactive Multimedia Production, that went onto a HND in Multimedia, then I went to do my Degree in Multimedia Tech at Napier Uni in Edinburgh!!

Easy as chips!! :D

does anyone know what the hors are like in a plc? there probably different in each course!

• Advertisement

just like any college course dudette... i varied from 12 - 20 hours over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

does anyone know about the grants for plc courses.. are they means tested?

yeah, its the very same as any other college grant application procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vanuissance

Hi, I was a student in killester college 08/09 studying commercial photography.I thought it was n absolute joke and i'm looking for any past ,present or future students for any feedback on what they thought of the course

Vanuissance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its an option for me because I am currently looking at media in NUI M and a plc course a couple mins from my house can get me straight into that course.

Advertisement