Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Non Express-on Fascias

• 01-09-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good website for giving instructions on how to change the fascia of a 6680 and the 7200? I don't want to break it, but I know it's easy enough to do if you know how.
    And just in general, do people have much experience of putting non express-on covers on phones, did it work out for you etc?
    I think I need to get a t6 screwdriver or something like that too?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

6680 shouldnt be too bad, but 7200 is a nightmare to change
    be 100% sure you know what you are doing when attempting the 7200
    the whole hinge assebly can be very scary

btw...if u need t6, i have them, or try maplin...they have a 3 pack of torx on offer this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah non express-on covers can be tough, had to change them a few times.

Worst part is getting them off the first time, you aren't quite sure whether you're getting it off or breaking it off! :p

Once you get it off initially, you'll find it easy from then on. Some covers can get kinda loose though if you really try force them off, so make sure you try be as gentle as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got the 6680 cover off with a scissors blade and my nails, it's just like a tighter express on cover. So that's grand, have now order my pink cover for it.
    Anyone know anywhere that charges a reasonable price for fitting covers onto a 7200? It' s the first time I'd be 'modding' a phone so I don't think I'd like to start with that one.

Advertisement