Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boilerhouse

Options
  • 01-09-2005 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever been to the Boilderhouse on Sth Princes St; I think. What do you think of it as a gay venue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm not gay, but it seems like a funny place. Open 24 hours? What is it - a place to meet and have sex with strangers? Seems awfully secretive...!

(I've nothing against the place.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I might be wrong here, but isn't the place just a gay bath house? Aka palce to go and fuk random people?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pretty much so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Not somewhere I've ever even considered going.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Btw never tell your friends in a load club that your leaving to go to the porterhouse, wasnt till like a week later i found out evryone though i had gone to the boilerhouse :S

Boilerhouse = evil and smelly :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The porterhouse is really good. Not normally a fan of lagers/stouts but the selection in the Porterhouse is incredible.
    carbonkid wrote:
    Boilerhouse = evil and smelly :P

What does it smell like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

i use to be all snubby and would be afraid that someone i knew would see me there... i was away for a year and when i came back to dublin, i didnt give a rats!!! i went there twice in past year, when very very very drunk you understand and had great fun!!!

it isnt that romantic, ill tell you that.. but if you are just looking for sex, well, thats what its there for!! €20 in...

and dont anyone dare say its seedy, its actually a very clean place, i am not sticking up for it or anything, but fair balls to anyone that can walk off dame street and into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

jamiecake wrote:
    but fair balls to anyone that can walk off dame street and into it...

Is that the sole requirement?

Lol not necessarily… I was just commenting on the, if you wish, bravery of people that walk in there!! Like, some guys cant even walk into a gay bar!!

Credit where credit is due and all that, but it's hardle brave, it's dying for a shag.

• Advertisement

Mah… We all need it occasionally

Not putting it down or judging any body, but not saying giving in to a basic urge is brave either.

Do you attend this fine establishment??

Lol im gona stop discussing this now, I am coming across as a PR man for the place

I have been there twice in my life…

Nope, nor would I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I've never been there either. I actually have some self respect! 20 euro to have sex with a stranger! Just go home and have a ****, it's cheaper and not as dangerous and scummy.

its usually someone that you saw in the bar before hand, thats my experience anyways..

dont we all have sex with strangers anyways??

bopper wrote:
    I've never been there either. I actually have some self respect! 20 euro to have sex with a stranger! Just go home and have a ****, it's cheaper and not as dangerous and scummy.

Is that any better then paying 20 euro for two weeks of gaydar.ie? It's basically the same. What about buying some dude two drinks in a bar, cause you know thats all it will take. We could all get very self rightous here. I've only ever fuked someone I love, does that make me better then you?

i'm likeing this liouville guy..

I guess nobody got that I was talking about the requirement of having testicles to partake in the activities there.

You know I think it is very open and direct of you jamiecake to state that you have gone there. Good to know too that it is clean. All you hear are bad stories about how icky these places are.

So, what was it like in there? I'm quite curious about the place but doubt I'd ever go.

LiouVille wrote:
    We could all get very self rightous here.

I think we're way beyond that.

• Advertisement

I got what you where saying damien.

In what way, barring that one post no one else seems judgemental.

If one comments does one not judge with the inherent bias built into everyone? We are not robots, the way we think and talk and see things will always be imbalanced to a degree.

about 4 floor, pay in, locker room, mini bar/cafe go up stairs... a jacuzzi, some walk ways that lead to dark bed rooms, saunas, upstairs again, more dark bed rooms, showers, a movie room, seating area.. upstairs again its darker and more rooms....

cant remember much more detail!!

the funniest i ever saw was a bar calle the cock ring in amsterdam... 4floor bar, first 2 are pretty normal as amsterdam goes, 3rd is dancefloor, with poppers in the air con, 4th floor is full on dark room.... NOT very nice at all...... total perv central

jamiecake wrote:
    about 4 floor, pay in, locker room, mini bar/cafe go up stairs... a jacuzzi, some walk ways that lead to dark bed rooms, saunas, upstairs again, more dark bed rooms, showers, a movie room, seating area.. upstairs again its darker and more rooms....

And are these bedrooms open to everyone, I assume voyeurs can just go in and watch you at it? Are people walking around clothed or with a towel, or nothing or what? What would be the demographics of the people in there?

You see the "interpretations" of what these places are on shows like Queer as Folk and you'd wonder is it for real.

they have locks, but im sure people would not mind 3.. guys to **** on the floors so...

anywho, i gota go get a bus! headin out to dragon

later!! xx

damien.m wrote:
    If one comments does one not judge with the inherent bias built into everyone? We are not robots, the way we think and talk and see things will always be imbalanced to a degree.

I agree, but theres a difference between being inherently biasness and being self rightous or judgemental. My opinion of it being very unsafe, and somewhat seedy is a bias one yes. However the opinion that i'm better then some and have more "self respect" because I get my one night stands down the pub rather then the baths is self rightous and judgemental. Not that i do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

LiouVille wrote:
    Is that any better then paying 20 euro for two weeks of gaydar.ie? It's basically the same.

I wouldn't know I'm not on gaydar
    LiouVille wrote:
    I agree, but theres a difference between being inherently biasness and being self rightous or judgemental. My opinion of it being very unsafe, and somewhat seedy is a bias one yes. However the opinion that i'm better then some and have more "self respect" because I get my one night stands down the pub rather then the baths is self rightous and judgemental. Not that i do either.

When did I ever say I was better than anyone? I do think it shows a lack of self respect by going there, but that's not to say anybody who goes there has to agree with me, it's down to the individual. I find the idea of Gay saunas seedy and repulsive. I mean don’t people just walk in and have sex with the first person that takes their fancy? Without even stopping to know their name even? I could well be wrong here so correct me if I am. The fact that someone would choose to pay for that makes it worse. Each to their own, but the thought of it does turn my stomach and it’s not something I would ever choose to do myself.

And what you have posted is extremely hypocritical. You say you're not judgemental, but you have quite clearly judged me! You have posted up comments suggesting that I'm on Gaydar and go to pubs for one night stands, when I don't do either. How dare you? And I'm supposed to be self rigthous!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

It is quite interesting for someone to have admitted to have gone there. Ive always wanted to have a look, ive always find the idea really interesting. I dont think theres much diferece in paying 20 to go to a place where you pick someone up and 20 quid for a nightclub, most of the time its for the same reason anyways... just more honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

bopper wrote:
    I mean don’t people just walk in and have sex with the first person that takes their fancy? Without even stopping to know their name even? I could well be wrong here so correct me if I am.
    Doesn't this happen in most gay night clubs in the capital. At least nobody who goes into a gay sauna is going to get their wires crossed and think that they are entering into the love affair of the century. Both parties know that it is just mindless sex with some random individual & in that respect, neither party gets hurt. "Most" (generalisation accepted) guys who go out are looking for a cheap lay, some aren't. The boilerhouse cuts out the guy looking for a boyf being hurt by the guy looking for a cheap shag
    bopper wrote:
    The fact that someone would choose to pay for that makes it worse. Each to their own, but the thought of it does turn my stomach and it’s not something I would ever choose to do myself.
    Don't we all pay to get into nightclubs....I really don't see the difference
    Oh I've been to the Boilerhouse (one verry drunken night) & can confirm that the place is a filthy hell hole that I have no intention of ever frequenting. The Boilerhouse has its place on the gay scene, if it's not your thing....then don't go.

• Advertisement

bopper wrote:
    And what you have posted is extremely hypocritical. You say you're not judgemental, but you have quite clearly judged me! You have posted up comments suggesting that I'm on Gaydar and go to pubs for one night stands, when I don't do either. How dare you? And I'm supposed to be self rigthous!

I didn't, i know nothing about you. I was making the point it is no better or worse then gaydar or an easy lay in the pub. However there is far less social stigma attachted to those forms of getting your end away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement