Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtua Tennis : World Tour

• 01-09-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Wow. Its really addictive and lots of fun. Ive only been playing quick games and after about 15 minutes play I seem to have mastered it. please tell me it gets harder?

How are yea finding it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

did u change the difficulty settings? hard is hard enough, havent tried very hard yet.

I thinks its very good but dont like the fact theres no save option in tournament mode as its gets hard at semi-final and final stages and you have to start all over again if u wanted to get to that again a few hrs later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If it's anything like Virtua Tennis II on the Dreamcast and PS2, it's a game that can, at times, require an almost zen-like concentration to master. It's one of those rare games that so incredibly simple to pick up and play, but takes months to really master.

Any more feedback on it? I'm considering picking it up, but I'd be interested to know what the loading times etc are like. Is the World Tour mode still there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Is this the PSP version?

ye world tour mode is still there

heres a review:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60726

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah its the PSP version. I just put it up to hard and im still beating them fairly easy. Ive never played virtua tennis before..maybe its just the quick match thats easy.

Heres some more info.

quick match
    tournament
    exhibition
    world tour
    ball games ( baloon smash, blocker, blockbuster & Fruit dash )

Theres 16 peoples to choose from ( 8 guys, 8 girls ) & 2 unlockables.

Loading times inbetween games are around 15 seconds which is grand. However, after you win a point in some games it freezes for about half a second which is slightly anoying. The thing that has impressed me the most is the animations of the guys. They look real.

So far, really fun, really addictive and easy to pick up but a little on the easy side. ( ive only played quick match though )

• Advertisement

Ye quickmatch seems to be set to easy even if you have hard selected in the options. Start a tournament and you wont find it as easy in the latter stages.

I just tried hard in exhibition mode and its alot harder than quick match...thankfully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I tried gamestop but they were sold out :(

That was the one in Santry, gonna try town over the weekend. They said this was the only PSP game they've sold out, I guess it's doing well!

steviec wrote:
    I tried gamestop but they were sold out :(

That was the one in Santry, gonna try town over the weekend. They said this was the only PSP game they've sold out, I guess it's doing well!

HMV Blanchardstown had loads. They were sold out of Lumines though which was a pain. They only got one copy in!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

but I'd be interested to know what the loading times etc are like.
    Loading times on most games can be considerably improved by ripping the UMD to ISO and running it from the memory stick. It also saves insane amount of battery power.

If you're on 1.52 the WAB downgrader will make this possible for ya.

• Advertisement

dregin wrote:
    Loading times on most games can be considerably improved by ripping the UMD to ISO and running it from the memory stick. It also saves insane amount of battery power.

If you're on 1.52 the WAB downgrader will make this possible for ya.
    Can you downgrade form 2.0 to 1.50 ? How exactly do you rip a UMD ? is it difficult ? whats the size of an average UMD ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

tusky - check some of the other threads around,these questions have been answered loads - you cant (right now) downgrade from 2.0 to 1.50 only from 1.52 to 1.50.

Ye as angry says you cant rip your games to the memory card atm with 2.00 and not with 1.51/1.52 yet either but thats supposed to change over the next few days. Theres a homebrew program that just rips the inserted umd to your memory card and saves it in iso format. UMD's can hold 1.8gb but i think most games atm are under 1gig.

Alot of developers are putting in fake "padding" data that bumps the ISO size up to 1.8 gigs. There are apps out there to strip these out. I got Tiger woods down to 760 megs from 1.8 gigs by taking these out. Made absolutely no difference to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I got virtua tennis yesterday or so i thought, i was really looking forward to it, but when i opened the box the guy has put in world snooker champion becasue the back of that manual has the virtua tennis cover and he thought it was the right one, I cna;t belive i didn't check it, as I normally always check dvd's etc that i get in xtra vision, luckily they are changin it.

Although i'v spent hours playing Mercury which is also really addictive, more so than i thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

So whats Snooker Champion like? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

dregin wrote:
    Alot of developers are putting in fake "padding" data that bumps the ISO size up to 1.8 gigs. There are apps out there to strip these out. I got Tiger woods down to 760 megs from 1.8 gigs by taking these out. Made absolutely no difference to the game.

Mercury out already ? Where'd you pick it up ? that looks like a really cool game. Reminds me of spindizzy on the old Atari ST. Addictive as hell but as hard as an ass.

I'll sell you mercury for €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Mercury's still my fave PSP game. Until I actually get my hands on some of the new releases for Europe.

Has anyone played Race Driver 2 yet? There don't seem to be many reviews of it floating about. I love that series, wondering how the conversion is.

ye a friend has it, looks very similiar to the version i played on the xbox, but I hated that game! ;)

check the ntsc-uk.com forums, theres a thread about it and i think one of the game developers was replying in it. You can use custom soundtracks i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement