Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old will you be leaving school?

Options
  • 01-09-2005 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Im going to be 18 leaving which is ok but i know people who have left at late 15 early 16.I did 4th year but there is people in my class who are going to be 19 maybe 20 :eek: .Its mad so all ye what age will you be leaving.

I will be 18 in january but still will have to get my mother to write me notes for absents etc.Can you write your own notes at 18 seen that your an adult?It has come up before in my school but were not alowed.Eventhough id prefer a note from my mother what if you were living away with friends?

Age leaving school 84 votes

0%
    1%
    Aporia 1 vote
    4%
    EyeDeeOne[Deleted User]BILLY bLove 4 votes
    39%
    VictorEbonyks[Deleted User]MoonbeamRaphaelOutcastrainbow kirbyStephenRyanphenomdogzAoibheannJameyd4gurlIsabellajezzadeisedollydeekKazaanovacaesarIrishstabber 33 votes
    42%
    D-GeneratePHBScarinaeFunkstardLadyJackKellyMongoBarrieShrimpHolstenThE_IVIAcIVIAIVX-SLqzBeauGone WestAttol*dream09*Daelusfearcruachratboy 36 votes
    20 I doubt this age is common but maybe there is one or two
    11%
    AtmosphereGileadi4XcutphilologosR.DEamonnKeanesparkle_23Ruskie4RentkillermonkeyRavage1616 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I finished at 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Finished at 17 too. I had the option to do T.Y but skipped it because it was never a very popular choice in my school. I know now that maybe another year of school may not have been any harm to me but if I had done it I would have had to watch my friends and classmates go to college while I stayed back with the year behind us,so.....catch 22 situation I s'pose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

first time round was 17, this time round Ill be 22 come June, im a granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

i was 19 doing mine, i'm glad i won''t be repeating 20 seems a bit old to repeat for me, sorry dr.barbie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Ravage1616 wrote:
    i was 19 doing mine, i'm glad i won''t be repeating 20 seems a bit old to repeat for me, sorry dr.barbie!!

no worries, im still young at heart!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was 17 first time round...turn 18 next friday (whoohooo) so will be 18 when repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

I'm 17 and on my way to college in a couple of weeks - I won't be 18 till November. I skipped junior infants so I was always the youngest in my year :)

Most people I know are 18 or 19 doing the Leaving, I don't know anyone that's 20, although some are fairly close.

Finished at 16, going into college at 17 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Ravage1616 wrote:
    i'm glad i won''t be repeating 20 seems a bit old to repeat

I`m repeating so I`ll be twenty when I`m finished. I don`t think twenty is too old at all to repeat!. Loads of people of different ages choose to repeat, more power to them!. In college age doesn`t matter one bit as people may enter college at different ages, repeat a year or take a year out (travel,work,sabbatical etc), except if your 17 as you may not get served if a student function is out of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was 16 leaving, turned 17 shortly before going to college.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was 18 leaving, but I'm 19 now for starting college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I'll be 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'll be eighteen, like the majority of my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

i don't think i could do it when i was 20, don't think i could handel doing it again at 20!

2 of my friends are 20 and did the leavin this year! they got on grand and a good year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'll be 18 DURING my leaving....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

ill be 17 doin the leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

18 in November, thank christ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

18 in january so 18 doing the leavin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Shrimp wrote:
    18 in january so 18 doing the leavin..

Yeh your a week older than me and the same age as my friend lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

just bumpin this

• Advertisement

It appears we'll have two of these on the go at once now.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

How the hell did I miss this thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I posted this about a week ago so it was probaly on the second page or somthing.

i personally think 16 is WAYYYYY too young to do the leaving...think about college like....

I do fine in college actually. :rolleyes:

yeah but i'd prefer to be 18...jst my personal opinion

yeah but i'd prefer to be 18...jst my personal opinion

I'd like to be eighteen from a maturity point of view and more importantly a drinking point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was 19 doing my leaving, due to reasons (none of which had to do with having to repeat).
    22 now and starting college.
    TBH wouldnt look forward to drinking to much, can cause a lot of problems/headaches.

I'd like to be eighteen from a maturity point of view and more importantly a drinking point of view.

Ah but it's a lot more fun when you have to struggle your way into pubs........ ;)

• Advertisement

Ah but it's a lot more fun when you have to struggle your way into pubs........ ;)
    thats true...but i do that now...i kinda want my own ID tho..

Advertisement