Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ong Bak

• 02-09-2005 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I dunno if im in the right films forum or not but just a quick question.

Anybody have an idea when is Ong bak out on release?? We were talkin bout it recently and one of d lads said he's seen it in xtravison but i havent seen it anywhere. Just one i want for the collection.

Cheers folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's out on DVD on the 19th, but Xtravision might have it for rent earlier than the retail release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I've seen it for rental.

<3 Tony Jaa (manlove) and waiting impatiently for "Tom Yum Goong".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ebonyks wrote:
    I've seen it for rental.
    You've seen it for rental already? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Eh...bit behind the times? ^^

I rented it out 3 weeks ago from Xtra Vision with a friend.

Great movie.

Eh...bit behind the times? ^^
    Bit behind the times, as a county maybe! Xtra-vision sure as hell don't have it down here, neither do we. Supposedly next week or the week after.
    But what a movie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I never saw it.Is it true that there are no ropes used?

Franky Boy wrote:
    I never saw it.Is it true that there are no ropes used?
    Yeah, absolutely zero wire-work. Tony Jaa puts all those Crouching Tiger/Hero martial artists to shame with the stuff he does (even though I still like those films).

Thats strange. Xtra Vision here in Oranmore, Galway isn't exactly huge, buy they've had a few copies for about 3 weeks now.

And yeah, what a movie. Some of the stunts are just like.....rewind, watch, rewind, and think - how...?

It's a totally different kind of martial arts film in terms of style and feel, (obviously given the different muy thai) it just feels like no other generic martial arts film. Certainly I've seen better fight scenes in other asian movies, but never have I seen such amazing stunt work.....the part where he jumps through the tiny hoop of barb wire and that entire general chase scene was incredible to say the least.

I actually downloaded it months and months ago, and didn't even watch it - I said to myself, ah its probably crap, I've never heard of it - deleted it. How wrong I was :rolleyes:

I did some snooping around...turns out Xtra-vision had some deal on with the distributors of the movie (can't remember who they are). They got a small amount of copies on early release and distributed them among the biggest stores around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Its quite common place in xtra-vision, they get "x-clusives" all the time, 'Man About Dog' was a huge xclusive. Xtra-vision had nearly a three week advance on any other store whcih can be a real kick in the goolies for their competitors.

P.S. I work in xtra-vision, im not sad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I seen it ages ago. Great movie!

Its quite common place in xtra-vision, they get "x-clusives" all the time, 'Man About Dog' was a huge xclusive. Xtra-vision had nearly a three week advance on any other store whcih can be a real kick in the goolies for their competitors.

P.S. I work in xtra-vision, im not sad!
    I know they get exclusives, but I think it's a bit silly in this case....they went to the bother to get a very small amount and had to ration them among the big shops, they'll just have to get more when it comes out on general release for the rest of the shops around the country.

I know they get exclusives, but I think it's a bit silly in this case....they went to the bother to get a very small amount and had to ration them among the big shops, they'll just have to get more when it comes out on general release for the rest of the shops around the country.

Oranmore is not a big shop at all. Its rather small and does not cater for an overly huge area, let alone anything like a city or town. And they have 3 copies....

Ah well, you're just lucky so! Can't wait to see it again, it totally blew me away. I was gonna order it on region 1 but decided it would be a waste of time really, out for sale on the 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Ordered the platinum edition from play.com.
    can't wait to see it on dvd, especially with the revamped soundtrack!

Advertisement