Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st anniversary wedding pressie

• 02-09-2005 7:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Need help deciding what to buy no jewles or cosmetics

any ideas..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Context? For him, her or them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

sorry meant to say it is for the wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

poppers wrote:

Traditional first anniversary gifts are either paper or related to paper.
    How about dinner out and tickets to a concert or event, a love letter expressing your happiness and how you feel about her, or a watercolour painting or drawing of where you spent your honeymoon?
    Happy anniversary. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

poppers wrote:

A year in and you are already forgetting her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

buy her a subscription to a magazine she reads.

i have the same thing coming up, but my wife is getting a copy of the metro (free newspaper)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Get her a copy of the kama sutra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If you still haven't gotten around to sorting out the wedding photographs (you wouldn't be unusual in that), get a nice album and do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

You could buy her a tree which has been planted in one of those reclaimed forests for recycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AgainTheTime

If you bought her a wedding gift, perhaps you could buy her a similar item again which would remind her of how happy she was 1 year ago?

For instance, I bought my wife some Versace perfume that she loved and wore on our wedding day. However, shortly afterwards the bottle cracked and the perfume leaked out, which upset her as its her favourite and it reminds her of our wedding day. For our 1st anniversary I got her a bottle of the same perfume and she was absolutely delighted. Maybe a similar thing would work for you?

Oh and btw, seeing as ours is quickly approaching, does anyone know what to get for a 2nd anniversary present???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Had mine in early August. I had a map of the world that my wife got framed for me (thought this was an excellent one). I bought my wife a selection of (well thought out) books.

Paper related is a must though. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

name a star after her

http://www.starregistry.com

(that's what my poor wife is getting for Christmas...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

if you're already struggling mate...you'd want to get your stuff together ;)

Paper is first, so get her a book she likes, give her money, so she can have a night out with her friends on you (i know it's both your money, but its the gesture), don't take her for a meal, come home early from work, have the house lit only by candles everywhere, you cooking her favourite meal, with a glass of her favourite wine waiting for her on the table when she comes in from work, pamper her all night, get tickets to an event you know she'll want to see, and most importantly write her a letter about how the last year has been the best of your life, how happy she makes you, and how you can't wait for each moment you spend together. blah blah blah.... guarenteed sex for a month....non-stop.

Don't pick one of the above, you have to do them all, and preferably you can give her all that stuff on the night of the anniversary for best impact...get your skates on buddy, and that one night could be your get out of jail card for months :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

give her a paper serviette and surprise her with a bargain bucket from KFC, from only 9.99 :)

there are hundreds of things with paper in them.perhaps a paper treasure map with her real present at the end of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

perhaps a paper treasure map with her real present at the end of it

that's a really sweet idea! it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well yes just as long as the 'treasure' is not located in the crotch chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DubGuy wrote:
    Paper is first, so get her a book she likes, give her money, so she can have a night out with her friends on you
    I'm not sure if thats a 1st anniversary wedding type-pressie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭gary_s

shabbyroad wrote:
    name a star after her
    (that's what my poor wife is getting for Christmas...)

http://www.enzerink.net/peter/astronomy/starfaq/ :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

poppers wrote:
    Need help deciding what to buy no jewles or cosmetics

any ideas..
    Cant go wrong with a weekend break away, that way you gain too.

Advertisement