Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best multiplayer games for PS2?

Options
  • 02-09-2005 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Myself and my girlfriend are looking for a PS2 game that we'll both enjoy. For some reason she isn't keen on buying "Backyard Wrestling" or a soccer game... :rolleyes:

So can anyone recommend some top class multiplayers for PS2?

Thanks,
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I cant recommend any of the timesplitters games, especially the new on "Future Perfect" enough . . . . its got cutesy charachters like monkeys etc. except they tend to sport shotguns and the like.

Although in my experience a lot of ladies tend not to like FPS in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

get yourselves tekken 5 and kick the sh1t out of each other!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Get worms forts under siege and a few beers and you'll be laughin'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't bother with Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 2 is far better.

If you can find it an old PS1 game called Hyper Bishi Bashi Special is a legendary multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oh, and also if you have a fairly large telly, get any of the "point blanks" or the like and a couple of g-cons and your laughin' ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Hyper Bishi Bashi Special
    Yes, oh yes... that and Gun Barrel (Point Blank)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Girls tend not to go for action/fps games, so try anything she can play by button bashing rather then thought out strategy :)

Fighting games are your only man, maybe a few racing games?

Is she a good gamer? I actually don't know any girls who can play FPS games at all, I wish I did, but ah well....that would be so great.

They are out there though...lucky you if she's one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I cant recommend any of the timesplitters games, especially the new on "Future Perfect" enough . . . . its got cutesy charachters like monkeys etc. except they tend to sport shotguns and the like.

damn beat me to it - timesplitters is the pinnacle of PS2 multiplayer

Crash Nitrokart is also a good larf - its a match for mariokart double dash!! in terms of hilarity

if its button mashing you want you should get athens 2004 (bit out of date i know but ya can pick it up for nothing these days) this game requires not much skill, just fast hands and good hand-eye coordination it can be enjoyed by all. its great fun if you get a multitap and a few friends around for some swearing and sore fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Girls don't generally like FPS or Vs Fighters. Not trying to be condecending but you could try Singstar. It's actually really fun. Ditto DDR and a mat.

I adore Puyo Puyo (aka Dr. Robotnics Mean Bean Machine) in multiplayer. Chicks usually like Tetris style stuff and it really is the best puzzle game in Vs mode. It's a shame my brother won't play it anymore because I kick his arse 90% of the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mmm, puyo puyo is such a fantastic game. Somebody mentioned Singstar. On a similar note I'd also recommend eyetoy. Anybody can play and enjoy that game. Failing that get Half life 2, introduce her to CS and she may become the next Killcreek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Bishi Basi Special was brilliant. If you can find it, get it. Singstar is also great fun with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tennis game great fun and women can play it too.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Burnout 3. :)
    It's great... and can get very competitive.
    I actually don't know any girls who can play FPS games at all,
    *cough*
    I resent the implication running through this thread that girls are only into simple buttonbashers and cutesy games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Burnout 3. :)
    It's great... and can get very competitive.

*cough*
    I resent the implication running through this thread that girls are only into simple buttonbashers and cutesy games.

yeah deady idea :rolleyes:

Kdjacs highest score in random crash $385,125
    kdjacs son $480,335 hes fookin 5 :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Gamer genes are persistent :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I regularily get thrashed by women in work playing Counter-Strike: Source :rolleyes: Then again, they tested the game, so I'm at a natural disadvantage...

Get Soul Calibur 2, or maybe Virtua Fighter 4 Evo if she's willing to learn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maybe also Super Monkey Ball Deluxe :)

KdjaC wrote:
    Tennis game great fun and women can play it too.

kdjac

Virtua tennis is a good one to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

*cough*

I'm not implying that, but rather that I personally don't know a single girl who can play FPS games at a challenging level....I wish I did!

Days would be so perfect if the gf was good at Battlefront or Halo....

Advertisement