Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP & PC

• 02-09-2005 8:58am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that you dont get any cd for installing your psp on you psp (like say a pc suite for your phone).

If I buy a usb cable will the psp be seen straight away and need no drivers? Does it act like a flash drive then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Yep, PC sees it as a PSP and mounts the memory stick as removeable storage.

Edit: Umm, well on WindowsXP SP2 at least.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yeah have XP SP2 so should be fine.

Got a usb cable with some pack I got in Game Stop but havnet had a chance to try it out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Just hook up the USB lead and pick the USB connection option on your PSP. As Kevok said Windows XP recognises it as PSP and immediatley opens a window with your folders Its p!ss easy to get sorted. Just remember to add the MP_Root folder for your MP4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭stones

CJackson wrote:
    Just hook up the USB lead and pick the USB connection option on your PSP. As Kevok said Windows XP recognises it as PSP and immediatley opens a window with your folders Its p!ss easy to get sorted. Just remember to add the MP_Root folder for your MP4s

What about movies and music?? Do you have to convert them into a special format before they will play on the PSP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

http://www.pspvideo9.com

A program that automatically reencodes any movie files you have to mp4 to be played on the PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Theres a few ready made MP4s here (download from zip file)
    [URL=http://]http://www.pspmagazines.com/pspm/[/URL].

Theres movie trailers , game clips and indepentadnt music vids.See menu along left handside. Some of the e-mags are pretty cool too. Login to the forums for full instrustions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you are running v2.0 on your PSP i'd advise using the H.264/AVC pspvideo9 for sexy quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Kearnsy,

Make sure you manage to hit Format Memory Stick or whatever it is on the Euro menu - otherwise your PSP won't see nowt. Usb to Usb B also seems to be stumbling some poor chumps. (I can't see how they've managed to mix that up though... just like the "accidental" 2.0 installs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 yogi_hughes

Could someone just clarify something for me...I have read in this thread that MP4 files meed to go into a folder called MP_Root. I have also read that you need to create a folder called 100MNV01 with MP_Root.

Is this the case or can I just drop the MP4's into MP_Root?

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

www.pspvideo9.com
    go there. Their program converts your files to MP4 at the right resolution/size and copies them to the right part of the PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cabelo wrote:
    Kearnsy,

Make sure you manage to hit Format Memory Stick or whatever it is on the Euro menu - otherwise your PSP won't see nowt. Usb to Usb B also seems to be stumbling some poor chumps. (I can't see how they've managed to mix that up though... just like the "accidental" 2.0 installs)

Got everything sorted. Didnt need to format anything. PC saw memory stick and just created new directorys.

Cant wait to get my 1 GB MS.

Just out of interest does any one know if this is the same procedure for installing films on the SE 750i?

Gona ask on the mobile forum later

Advertisement