Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

• 02-09-2005 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Eircom provide broadband in my local area, however for some reason my estate can't get it yet. Can't get a reason yet from Eircom

I am thinking of the possibility of going with the wireless option. However as I live in an apartment block we can't attach anything to the external of our building. Do all of the wireless providers require an antenna (or something similar) to be mounted on the external of your residence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

IBB and Clearwire provide a service using mobile antenna's, but obiviously you need to be in an area they serve.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Mr_Man wrote:
    IBB and Clearwire provide a service using mobile antenna's, but obiviously you need to be in an area they serve.

M.

also read the threads for both companies for comments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I have clearwire with an internal antenna, radio, modem, whatever you want to call it. It's great. Much better than Ripwave, but the only comparison you can make there is that they both don't need line of sight.

I've noticed some big fluctuation and drops on the Clearwire service over the past week or so, but they are still testing and preparing for go live, so I can't really complain.

Give Clearwire a call. See if they are in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

:mad: Read the Threads......Especially the IBB ones.....!

Advertisement